Unstable system (F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unstable system (F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL)

This is a follow-up to this post: http://gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=5716

My system has been unstable since I bought it -- random freezes and batches of blue screens. The freezes typically happen once every day or so. The BSoDs have come and gone as I've removed drivers that appeared to be the culprit, but they tend to return. Memory_management is a common error.

I'm not certain that the memory (F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL) is the problem, but it's looking more and more likely. The freezes seem to slow down when I underclock the RAM. At 1066, it went four or five days before freezing.

So far the memory has passed all tests with MemTest86+ that I've thrown at it, but that was with both sticks inserted. Is testing them one at a time more likely to reveal errors?

It's really difficult to know if what I'm doing is making any difference, because the time between freezes is so long. It's not unusual for me to go 3 days without issue.

I'm guessing the next step is to tweak voltage, so I thought I'd seek the help of the techs here. What is considered a safe and effective voltage increase, and what should I try tweaking besides the voltage of the RAM itself?

System specs:

4GB (2 x 2) F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL
    Gigabyte 890GPA-UD3H motherboard, latest BIOS
    Phenom II X6 1055T processor
    Last edited by Watchoo; 07-26-2010, 04:03 PM. Reason: missing info

Assuming you have the sticks at 1.5 you may just want to add a bit of voltage to the Memory Controller, AMD's MCs are notorius for being on the weak side

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Which setting would that be? I've got:

CPU NB VID Control
      NB Voltage Control
      DDR VTT Voltage Control
      CPU PLL Voltage Control
      Sideport Memory Voltage Control
      NB/PCIe/PLL Voltage Control
      CPU Voltage Control

The memory controller is integrated into the processor, isn't it? Is its voltage control buried under another setting?

Comment

Test them one at a time to see if one performs differently than the other. The basic memory settings should work just fine.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
        X