Intel dx58so motherboard F3-12800CL8T-6GBRM will not run at 1600 mghz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel dx58so motherboard F3-12800CL8T-6GBRM will not run at 1600 mghz

I have a Intel dx58so motherboard F3-12800CL8T-6GBRM type ram and I can not get past post, just has a black screen then after 2 attempts at booting I get the screen of a failed overclock or bios setting being wrong. My settings are set to the default for the memory to 8-8-8-24 trfc 74 qpi volt 1.50. I have tried uclk multiplier at 24 memory multiplier, tcl 9, trcd 9, trp 9, trasmin 80 and also trasmin 100 my memory volts at 1.66, my system will only recognize my memory at ddr3 1066. I have the latest BIOS any help would be appreciated. Thank You

I7 930
    Intel DX58so/BIOS SOX5810J. ​86A
    XFX HD-577A-ZNFC Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT) 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16
    G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL8T-6GBRM
    OCZ Agility 2 OCZSSD2-2AGTE60G 2.5" 60GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive
    Windows 7 64 bit
    Last edited by exodus315; 07-17-2010, 06:54 AM. Reason: updating system info

QPI is much too high for DDR3-1600. This value should be 1.250V-1.35V, but depending on your CPU. You should test for the lowest stable value. For timings, they should be 8-8-8-24. With the proper settings and voltages, everything should run smoothly.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

I have tried the qpi at 1.15 and moved up to this setting being my last attempt with 8-8-8-24, no game, thats where it started off for qpi volts. Reading through the forums and trying various settings still unable to get the ram to the 1600 speed.

Comment

Try one stick at a time to see if one may be defective. You can also run memtest to detect any errors.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Ran memtest and no errors it ran for hours, also tried one stick at a time with default settings and still will not work. I don't know what else to try, I found a post one night looking for anyone else with the same issue and found one post on intel that said the ram just wont work with the dx58so but I can not find that post to save my life, I think the guy ran some corsair memory. I have email Intel for assistance, no reply yet.

Comment

The motherboard or CPU may be defective.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Taking motherboard back tomorrow, will take a day or two to put in and I will get back to you on Monday. Thanks for the help.

Comment

OK, Took the board back and swapped out to the Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R REV 2 board and running great, memory profile loaded perfectly double, triple checked didn't even have to change a setting it automatically clocked the memory up for me and runs like a raped ape .I am hitting 540 MB/sec on my ssd raid 0. My windows 7 Experience Index is at 7.7 for cpu I7930, 7.8 for memory G.Skill F3-12800CL8T-6GBRM, 7.7 for video card ATI 5770 1Gig Memory and the 2 *** SSD drives are at 7.9. Excellent machine. I had decided to step away from my normal MOBO selection of Giga-byte to use that Intel board for stability and that fact that no overclocking was needed but clearly that will not happen again. Ohh my memory is set at 1.55 volts not even at the 1.6 volts default and its stable for 48 hours straight so memory is awesome I will stick to my G.Skill memory for my next build. Thanks for the help and cheers. :-)
                Last edited by exodus315; 07-26-2010, 11:31 AM. Reason: omg typos

Comment

Glad to hear you got that resolved! Even more since it's running great!

Enjoy!

Thank you
                  GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                  X