New memory problems on 8-month-old P7P55D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New memory problems on 8-month-old P7P55D

I built a new Asus P7P55D machine in Oct 2009. At that time my 4 sticks of F3-10666CL8D-4GBHK passed memtest and has been very reliable (with no overclocking). I had the system powered off for a day and when I turn it back on I got several BSOD (blue screen of death) which I have never seen before on this machine. It now will not pass memtest. Each stick individually will pass memtest, and even 2 sticks will pass. But with all 4 sticks installed it usually will not. When it does pass, a slight movement of the case or a reboot will start the errors. Moving DIMMs around (which I have done several times) does not help. It seems to find errors between addresses 5000-5200MB and 6000-6200MB. I guess that might be why it works with only 1 or 2 DIMMs installed. Errors occur with timings of 8-8-8-21 and with default everything which gives me 9-9-9-24. New BIOS update to 1702 did not help.

I have not been in the case of this machine in months. Up until Friday it has been stable for 8 months.

Thanks,
    Chris

P7P55D Rev 1.02G (BIOS 1702)
    Intel Core i5 2.66GHz
    4 sticks (8GB) G.Skill F3-10666CL8D-4GBHK (DDR3-1333 PC3-10666 SPD CL8-8-8-21 1.5v)
    APC Back-UPS RS800
    Windows 7 64-bit
    memtest86+ 4.10

Try raising the QPI/DRAM Voltage. If problem persists, send the memory in for new replacements and that should solve the problem.

http://www.gskill.com/rma.php

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I re-seated all the RAM. I reset to BIOS defaults and chose XMP but no luck. I increased the IMC voltage into the "yellow" category of 1.2 but no luck.

I appreciate your willingness to replace the DIMMs. Since the machine seems to work with 2, could I return 2 first and then return the other 2 after I receive the replacements?

Thanks,
      Chris

Comment

You can, but it is better to send both kits back so they can be re-tested to insure all 4 modules work together.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks. Could you estimate the time it takes G.Skill to replace the RAM. Basically how many days between your receipt and return shipment of the memory?

Chris

Comment

1-2 days after we receive it, the rest is shipping time back to you.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
            X