Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F3-16000cl7d-4gbfls & asus m4n98td evo qvl?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-16000cl7d-4gbfls & asus m4n98td evo qvl?

Does anyone here know if the new F3-16000CL7D-4GBFLS will be added to the ASUS M4N98TD EVO qualified memory vendor list?

Thanks in advance ,

Neo

More specifically...

Would this motherboard and CPU allow me to reach the full spec of F3-16000CL7-4GBFLS modules?:

CPU: Phenom II X6 1055T
    Motherboard: ASUS M4N98TD EVO motherboard

Thanks again,

Neo

Comment

Yes, should have no problems. May need to tweak some voltages to stabilize DDR3-2000 CL7.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

F3-16000CL7D-4GBFLS & M4N98TD EVO Config?

Ok then, I now have the system with the exact parts (RAM. CPU & Motherboard) mentioned above and my current settings were auto-configured as follows:

CPU Voltage: 1.3000V
        DRAM Voltage: 1.60V
        VDDNB Voltage: 1.1500V
        HT Voltage: 1.20V
        NB Voltage: 1.10V
        VDDA Voltage: 2.5V
        NF200 Voltage: 1.20V

CPU Multiplier: 14
        Bus Speed: 200.00 MHz
        HT Link: 2000.0 MHz

DRAM Frequency: 666.7 MHz
        FSBRAM: 3:10
        CAS: 9.0 clocks
        tRCD: 9 clocks
        tRP: 9 clocks
        tRAS: 24 clocks
        tRC: 33 clocks
        Command Rate (CR): 2T

What settings should I try manually configure to get the RAM to reach spec.?

Comment

You need to set the memory multiplier to 8X or memory ratio 1:4 to give you DDR3-1600. Then manually set the timings. From here, you will need to raise CPU Host Frequency and CPU-NB Voltage to reach DDR3-2000.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

I'm getting closer now! But I'm sad to say this is the best I've done so far:

DRAM Frequency: 666.7 MHz
            CAS: 6.0 clocks
            tRCD: 8 clocks
            tRP: 6 clocks
            tRAS: 21 clocks

The highest RAM OC I achieved is here:

CPU Multiplier: 8

DRAM Frequency: 800 MHz
            FSBRAM: IDK?
            CAS: 9.0 clocks
            tRP: 9 clocks

Voltages for the above settings:

CPU/NB: 1.25V - 1.30V
            DRAM Voltage: 1.60V
            VDDNB Voltage: 1.1500V

I need more assistance getting the RAM to reach spec. (7-9-7-24 DDR3 2000 @ 1.65V), what else can I try?

Comment

Did you try DDR3-1600 7-8-7-24 1.65V? You can work your way up from there...

What slots do you have them installed in? They should be in the two furthest away from the CPU.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

OK, I'll try again, meanwhile...

No I didn't try that setting, but I will as soon as I have a chance to.

I have the modules installed into DIMM slots 3 & 4 since I found those to be the most flexible for the tuning process. They just seemed to successfully take a lot more of the configuration settings I've thrown at them so far.

Just a few more questions before I try my next attempt...

What's a safe everyday CPU/NB Voltage when using the stock CPU cooler?

Are there any other voltages besides CPU/NB Voltage that need tweaking in order to stabilize the system?

What exactly is the ratio FSB: DRAM? It seems obvious that it's Bus Speed to DRAM Speed right?

Also, you mentioned in one of your previous posts the
                CPU Host Frequency
                parameter, is this the same as the "Bus Speed" or "HT Link" parameters I have listed in my previous post?

Comment

You do not want to go much beyond 1.30V for CPU-NB Voltage.

Depends on what you're trying to do, but the CPU-NB Voltage is the memory controller voltage, so this needs to go up as your memory frequency goes up. The CPU VCore needs to go up as your CPU Frequency goes up.. etc. etc.

All AMDs are locked to 1:4 (max) DDR3-1600, and then anything above needs to be increased via bus speed (200).

Yes, CPU Host Frequency is bus speed (200 default). =) [1:4 ratio - 200:800] DDR makes 800MHz x 2 = DDR3-1600

Thank you
                  GSKILL TECH

Comment

So close but no cigar...

This setting worked! Notice the bold settings are one I manually set in BIOS.

CAS: 7.0 clocks
                    tRCD: 8 clocks
                    tRP: 7 clocks

DRAM Voltage: 1.66V
                    VDDNB Voltage: 1.3000V

This also worked:

CPU Multiplier: 11
                    Bus Speed: 250.00 MHz

FSBRAM: IDK?
                    CAS: 7.0 clocks
                    tRP: 7 clocks

DRAM Voltage: 1.66V
                    VDDNB Voltage: 1.3000V

As well as these settings worked, they're still not to specification. Where else can I go from here? I tried DDR3 2000 7-9-7-24 @ 1.65V with many different CPU/NB Voltages starting at 1.1125V incrementally 1/8 of a millivolt at a time up to 1.35V with no luck. I'm afraid to go higher with the CPU/NB Voltage. I even tried these CPU/NB voltages with other Bus Speeds i.e. 246 MHz to 259 MHz and still no luck. It felt like it was so close to taking these settings since the stupid memory error indicator LED on the motherboard turned off during these attempts.

Do you think i need to increase the voltage on the CPU since the bus speed has changed? It normally varies/bounces between 1.2V to 1.4V. I don't know why it varies so much. Is there some feature of these processors I'm unaware of? Is this a power saving feature or is it that new Turbo Core technology these AMDs employ?

Comment

Yes, you need to adjust the CPU VCore or the Ratio as you increase the bus speed. On AUTO, of course it will change as you change CPU Frequency. This is why you need to manually set everything. You can try the XMP Profile and see how that works.

This is why we don't suggest DDR3-2000 too often, for most people, it can be quite a hassle to set up.

Thank you
                      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Oh great!!!

I just found out one of the modules is bad! After trying the XMP profiles a few times with various CPU/NB & CPU voltages the system would no longer post. So after a bit of troubleshooting, it finally posted when I removed the bad module. I've thus far tried that module in every DIMM slot and it wouldn't work in any of them at all.

Do you think this might have been the reason I've not been able to reach the RAM spec all along?

I'm undoubtably going to RMA the RAM and exchange then back to Newegg but I'm not sure if I should try a different motherboard while I'm at it? Perhaps trying ASUS M4A89TD PRO, ASUS M4A89GTD PRO or the ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 from the compatible motherboard list instead. Do you think either of these would be better and easier as far as the setup goes?

Comment

Yes, it is possible that it was that one stick causing problems.

If you want to try another board, the ASUS M4A89GTD PRO and Crosshair IV Formula have both proven to be very easy to set up.

Thank you
                          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Also...

I found the good stick worked at factory spec no problems what so ever and with very little adjustment on the CPU/NB & CPU voltage to make things stable on DIMM slot 1. Although, I did notice the other DIMM slots weren't very stable regardless. Would this symptom be endemic to situations when using only one RAM stick or is it an indication of possible compatibility issues with the main board?

I'm hopeful the board will be fine and I'll be sure to post more results as soon as I get my RMA back this weekend.

Thanks,

Neo

Comment

You just have one bad stick that needs to be replaced. With the new replacement, you should be able to plug both in and work just fine.

Thank you
                              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                              X