ga-h55m-usb3 and F3-12800CL7D-4GBECO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
    Did you try enabling XMP profile in BIOS?
    Thank you
    GSKILL TECH
    This is what I did at the first place...
    Anyways.. All working well already at 1600Mhz but with a different Motherboard.

Just change my MoBo into GA-P55M-UD2 and not having issues...

GA-h55M-USB3... not good?

Regarding Memtest... 8hrs? Is this how to really test a memory? for 8 hrs?
    Sorry for being noobish.. I only tried Memtest for 2 cycles.. so far OK. No Errors.
    MB:GA-P55M-UD2 CPU:IntelCore i7 860 COOLER:ScytheYasha RAM:4gbDDR3-1600G.SkillECO VID:1gb PalitGF9800GT CASE:InWinDragonSlayer PSU:CorsairHX650 HD1:640GbWDCCaviarGreen OPT:PioneerDVR-S18L WIFI:D-LinkDWA556

Comment

Originally posted by melon View Post
      Regarding Memtest... 8hrs? Is this how to really test a memory? for 8 hrs?
      Sorry for being noobish.. I only tried Memtest for 2 cycles.. so far OK. No Errors.
      Memtest = the longer the better. Eight hours will net you about 8 full test cycles.

If you're running any version of Windows 7 you can use Microsoft's built in memory checker, it's pretty quick, but I certainly don't consider it the best memory test.

Alternatively you can use HCI Memtest which is one that runs within the Windows environment.

But for me I always run Memtest from a bootable CD - and yes I let it run for eight hours. If you can complete 7-8 passes of Memtest you're assured that your memory modules and BIOS settings are good from the memory perspective.
      MSI Big Bang xPower x58
      Intel i7 950
      GSkill DDR3 2000 6x2Gb
      Gigabyte GTX 460 x2 SLi
      OCZ Vertex 2 SSD - OS Drive
      WD Black 640Gb x2 RAID0 - Apps and Programs
      WD Black 1Tb backup and storage
      Corsair TX950W
      Water cooling - Swiftech and DangerDen

Comment

The memory is made for P55, so that's why it works fine. H55 does not support 1.35V, so most have a problem. Some people are able to get it to work, but that's up to user abilities.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

OT Already but I need to know this:
          Which Memory you recommend for H55M boards?
          MB:GA-P55M-UD2 CPU:IntelCore i7 860 COOLER:ScytheYasha RAM:4gbDDR3-1600G.SkillECO VID:1gb PalitGF9800GT CASE:InWinDragonSlayer PSU:CorsairHX650 HD1:640GbWDCCaviarGreen OPT:PioneerDVR-S18L WIFI:D-LinkDWA556

Comment

Any 1.50V+ should be fine. As far as frequency, it depends on your CPU or overclocking abilities.

DDR3-1333 CL9 is standard, so any in this spec would work..

For DDR3-1600, the RipJaws would be great.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
            X