• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-880GA-UD3H + F3-10600CL8D-4GBHK dual channel config

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-880GA-UD3H
    Memory: F3-10600CL8D-4GBHK
    CPU: AMD Phenom X4 955 BE

I realize this memory is not on the confirmed list of modules tested on my motherboard but I was hoping that there is just some setting that I am missing to get these two modules to work in dual channel.

I have successfully booted with each individual memory module so both are in working order. The motherboard is setup into Channel 0 (slots 1 & 3) and Channel 1 (slots 2 & 4).

I can boot successfully with either channel 0 or channel 1 populated with the two sticks and they show both working obviously in single channel mode.

When I put them into dual channel configuration (slots 1 & 2 or slots 3 & 4) the system will not post. No display, no beeps, no usb keyboard or mouse just system and CPU fans.

I have tried setting the timings to 8-8-8-21 (auto setting results in 9-9-9-24) and the system works fine in single channel mode but will not post in dual channel configuration.

I have also tried downclocking the speed to 1066 with the 8-8-8-21 and auto timings and the system is fine in single channel mode but will not post in dual channel configuration.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Sounds like the motherboard may be defective. The next would be CPU, but that is more rare.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
    X