H55 and H57 chips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H55 and H57 chips

Hi there. I can't seem to find anything about compatibility with the new H55 and H57 chipsets. All of the guidelines refer only to the P55 set. Is it safe to assume if the memory is OK with the P55 set that it is also OK with the H55 set? Specifically, I have just purchased a Gigabyte GA-H55-USB3 board. What would be your recommended g.skill RAM for this board if it was paired with an i7-860 processor? What about the i5 processor? There also seems to be some issue whether HD graphics are involved or not. Any help there would be appreciated too.

On a second matter, I notice that some of your part numbers are nearly identical with the exception of one or two characters. It would be helpful to know the meaning or interpretation of these differences. That is to say "What do the letters and numbers in the part numbers mean?" , so I can tell the difference between F3-10666CL8D-4GBHK AND F3-10666CL8D-4GBECO? What's the difference between a CL7D and a CL9D etc? Maybe there's a chart somewhere that explains this?

Thanks

Yes, P55 memory will work just fine on the H55 and H57 chipsets. Especially with an i7-860 CPU, you should be able to run most DDR3 memory packages.

I would suggest one of our ECO kits, as the low voltage is great for this platform.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...ion=gskill+eco

F3-10666CL8D-4GBHK AND F3-10666CL8D-4GBECO

F3 is DDR3
    10666 is the memory bandwidth (MB/s)
    CL8 is the CAS Latency or timing that the memory operates at the specific frequency. The lower the better.
    "D" is for dual, or 2 sticks.
    4GB is 4GB =)
    HK and ECO are the specific model/series of memory.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thank you for your reply. So, what would be the difference between HK and ECO other than the voltage?

Comment

That's about it from a basic standpoint. They use completely different chips, and the ECO series is much better. I believe they are similar in pricing too, so ECO's are definitely more worth it.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
        X