Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800cl9d-4gbnq + asus m4a89gtd pro -> bsod

Hey,

I just put together a new system and I am getting a lot of memory dumps during regular usage. There is no pattern, but after analyzing all of the dumps each states the same "Probably caused by : memory_corruption". Before the BSOD occurs, programs will close and crash upon re-launch. I have the following hardware:

-ASUS M4A89GTD PRO
    -AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
    -G.SKILL F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ

What are the recommended settings for this setup? I've tried a bunch of different manual settings with no results.

Thanks,
    Luke

exact same setup

I have the exact same setup. I originally was running with the HT at 1.4v, but this chip has a new memory controller, so I put it back down to stock. Now I'm attempting to run all 8gigs of the F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ dimms at 1333MHz (which the new 1090T supposedly can handle 4 dimms at this speed with stock voltages) I'm running the dimms at 1.5V as well and CAS: 9-9-9-24.

64 Bit windows, I can get the system running for a few days and pass prime 95 and memtest, I mostly have problems when I have the system down for a while. Then the BSODs relating to memory corruption start popping up.

I'm at my wits end because I can't get any of the chips to fail consistently. I can run memtest86 4.10 for 12 hours and get no errors, and then attempt to play WoW or Guild wars for 10 minutes in Win 7 64, then have it BSOD, go back into memtest and get tons of errors.

Has G.Skill attempted this setup with the M4A89GTD Pro/USB, 1090T and 8gigs of F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ?

I see that they only recommend their Flare series which aren't out yet with this motherboard.

I've tried bumping up the HT to 1.4, the dimms to 1.6, and even running the dimms at 1066 MHz, nothing seems to work and I can't single out any of the dimms.

Comment

well i got 12800CL7D-4GBRH.
      Ive same problem. Unstable at 1600 mhz. CL7-CL8 even cl9.
      Its really bad. Im using it at 1333mhz 7 7 7 24 1t auto voltage.

Im really pissed off about ASUS cuz 4gbrh was in QVL list with 7 7 7 24 1.6v.

Comment

similar symptoms

What you describe is eerily similar to what I am getting. I even ran Prime95 for 24 hours with no errors, but with normal operation it crashes. Typically right before I crash I'll get a memory location error or something along the lines of this program has closed unexpectedly.

I am currently trying one stick at a time to see if the problem continues; unfortunately I don't have any other memory to test with. It's frustrating to say the least since I'm not even concerned with overclocking, I just want to have a stable quality setup.

Comment

Same problem. Random BSOD's.

ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 AM3 AMD 890GX
          AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz
          G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ

ahhh...and an important piece of information:

System is running Window 7 64 bit. Some people having similar problems (but with a different Mobo), said that they were able to use the memory without any BSOD once they installed XP or Win 7 32 bit.

Maybe GSkill will be able to work something out with Asus, AMD and/or Microsoft and figure it out? I hope they do it soon.
          Last edited by Des; 05-17-2010, 02:53 AM.

Comment

can't go back

I can't go back to a 32 bit operating system or Windows XP... I love Windows 7 64 bit!

I am asking the company I ordered the memory from to do an exchange, we'll see what they say.

This is my first time ordering G.Skill memory and it's been a disaster.

Comment

wouldnt you be better off RMA'ind with Gskill?

Comment

Originally posted by fkk View Post
                What you describe is eerily similar to what I am getting. I even ran Prime95 for 24 hours with no errors, but with normal operation it crashes. Typically right before I crash I'll get a memory location error or something along the lines of this program has closed unexpectedly.

I am currently trying one stick at a time to see if the problem continues; unfortunately I don't have any other memory to test with. It's frustrating to say the least since I'm not even concerned with overclocking, I just want to have a stable quality setup.
                if BSOD is not from unstablility, and your ram and cpu are fine after stressing with prime95, can we think about other parts (mobo, vga, psu ) ?

i'm trying to know what caused Bsod on my system is from ram or defective mobo.

Comment

looking at those next...

I am working on eliminating all parts. Hopefully sooner rather then later

Comment

Well, new ram arrives today

I'll tell you how it goes, it's on the QVL from ASUS. So this should eliminate the possibility of the ram issue.

Comment

awesome...

Let us know!... also what memory did you go with?

Comment

reinstalling windows 7 64bit now

Install went smoothly, let Memtest86 run 3 times, no errors at 1333MHz with 4 dimms (8gb total).

I went with 2 of the Kingston: KHX1600C8D3K2/4GX. I'm running at 1333MHz with 8-8-8-24-2T settings right now @ 1.65V . I can't give it any real world stress testing just now, as it's late and I'm tired, but I should be able to give a pretty definitive answer by tomorrow night, some guild wars and WoW should put it through the ringer. I'll make sure to leave my computer off and jump straight into a game (a task it seemed to not handle well when I was running it with the G.Skill).

After I'm relatively secure in the computer not dying on me, I'll clock the ram at 1600MHz and start OC'ing the CPU.

I'll have a recommendation by 8pm EST (GMT -4)... hopefully.

Comment

That seemed to fix it

I wholly recommend the kingston for this board/CPU setup. 100% stable so far. I'll update if there are any failures, but I don't suspect there will be.

Comment

awesome...

Thanks for the info much appreciated, I'll be doing an exchange as well.

Comment

I'm RMA'ing the GSkill sticks and got already CORSAIR DOMINATOR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMD4GX3M2A1600C8.

A little more expensive but they are already runing as a charm @ 1600 8-8-8-24. Highly recommended

Comment

Working...
                              X