F3-12800CL8T-6GBPI-B Specified timings no longer seem to work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL8T-6GBPI-B Specified timings no longer seem to work

F3-12800CL8T-6GBPI-B Specified timings no longer seem to work. The chips are rated at CL8 @ 1600MHz, but recently, I can't seem to boot up my system at that spec. I can only boot it up at CL9 @ 1333MHz. At first, I thought it was the motherboard, but it seems that the main issue keeps coming back to the RAM timings. These timings are not just lowering my performance, but they are causing the motherboard to not boot at times or reboot itself before loading the OS with an overclock recovery message. This is definately bad for all of my components if this continues. The funny thing is that the problem is worse when the system has been powered down for a day or so rather than just a few hours. Any help on this one?

System Specs:
    G.Skill Pi Black Tri-Channel DDR3 12800 (1600MHz) 8-8-8-21
    Foxcon Bloodrage Motherboard
    Intel i7 965 3.2 GHz
    PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 860 ESA (860 Watt PSU)
    Nvidia GTX 260

Now, even at "stock" timings on my motherboard (CL9, 1333 MHz), this seems to have the same boot issue when the system has been shut down overnight. Does not do it after it's ben turned on recently. Foxconn and I have worked on this and found that it is the RAM. I also see that G.Skill stopped carrying this product even though it's about a year old. They barely even carry Triple Channel memory at all anymore. Now I'm worried that they have issues with this configuration and an RMA may not even be an option or help even if it could replace the sticks.

Comment

We can always help. We will always have memory for you of equal or higher value. We still replace 5+ year old DDR memory.

This memory package is still active, it was just slightly revised.

F3-12800CL8TU-6GBPI

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-247-_-Product

We have plenty of DDR3 triple channel kits, not sure where you're looking... we just don't have many of the high specs because the X58 platform requires very high QPI Voltage to operate DDR3-2000+.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...ion=gskill+6gb

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH
      Last edited by GSKILL TECH; 05-19-2010, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the reassurrance. It seems that these 'lost timings' may be due to the cold boot issue I see a lot on these forums. These are probably the first version of the product which may explain the issue. Is it possible for me to RMA these sticks or are there other steps you recommend that I try first? At this point, I'm about to replace my entire system to get it to work the way it is supposed to after I've contacted all of the other component manufacturers to get this problem figured out.

Comment

Absolutely, we can surely have them replaced with the latest version.

http://www.gskill.com/rma.php

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks. I sent in the request. I hope this fixes everything and if so, then G.Skill has me to add to their loyal customer list.

Comment

Working...
            X