F3-12800cl9d-4gnbq ga-p55-usb3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800cl9d-4gnbq ga-p55-usb3

It looks like I have one bad stick in this set (2048mb X 2). System purchased from NewEgg April 2 2010. MB was RMA's once. The problem has ONLY been blue screen/black screen failures on restart (cold boot) after several hours. Memtest ran with zero errors .. except.. twice after a failed start it showed errors. A shut down & switch off the power supply allowed successful runs of memtest. When started after repair & restore the system would run well. The final codes would vary, but the most frequient was: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA.

BIOS settings are ar Gigabyte "optimal. No overclocks or other changes have been made to processor or memory values.

Current status: I finally pulled one of two sticks of memory to test. Result: 4 clean starts after over 4 hours off. This evening I pulled that stick out (from ddr3_1) and replaced it with the other stick - result - restart from Win 7 start screen then to black screen - "repair". I swapped the sticks and started correctly.

It looks like I am out of the 30 day range to RMA to NewEgg and need to return to G.Skill. Do I return just the failed module aor both? also, what is the expected turn around.

Thanks

Rich Bailey

Model Name : GA-P55-USB3(rev. 1.0)
    --------------------------
    M/B Rev : 1.0
    BIOS Ver : F4
    Serial No. : SN110340117658
    Purchase Dealer : New Egg
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    VGA Brand : Sapphire Model : Radeon HD5450
    CPU Brand : Intel Model : Core i5 750 Speed : 2.66
    Operation System : Win 7 64-bit SP :
    Memory Brand : G.Skill Type : DDR3
    Memory Size : 4gb (2 X 2gb) Speed : DDR3-1600
    Power Supply : Antec Earthwatts 430 W

http://www.gskill.com/rma.php

Simply have them exchanged and the new set should work much better. The turn around time is roughly a week, meaning you should receive them a week after we receive them.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
    X