Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.SKILL F3-16000CL9T-6GBTD timings

Hello there GSKILL Tech,

I know the ram is rated for 9-9-9-24 @ 2000, and so far most recommendations are for that on this board. I've seen varying recommendations from 1.55 to 1.65V. The set I bought said it was rated for 1.65V, although it seems sometimes you recommend lower voltages? I'm sure set to set some clock better, so can handle lower voltages.

I'm wondering if I were to try to run at lower speeds maybe say 1600. Would I be able to try CL7? If so what are your settings suggestions?

Thanks!

BTW I burnt in overnight at stock speeds, and am ready to try some more aggressive timings/clock speeds.

Which mobo & cpu?

Comment

i7 930 + Gigabyte X58A-UD5 w/ a Noctua NH-D14 cooler.

Probably the best cooling at the moment simply because everything is sitting on my desk in the open.

I'll probably tone down the overclocks a notch and/or bump the voltages up a notch from what i obtain from open case testing in order to accommodate for in-case environment

Comment

Here is a thread of similar hardware: http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthrea...highlight=x58a

Memory (DRAM) Voltage always stays the same. The one that may differ is the memory controller voltage, or QPI/DRAM Voltage. For DDR3-2000, it generally needs 1.40V-1.60V depending on your specific CPU. I will give you settings below to try, but you will need to find the lowest stable value for the QPI/DRAM Voltage with those settings.

Try these settings for DDR3-1600

In MIT (MB Intelligent Tweaker):

CPU Clock Ratio - 21X
        QPI Link Speed - AUTO
        Base Clock Control - Enabled
        BCLK Frequency - 133
        Performance Enhance - Standard
        Extreme Memory Profile - Disabled
        System Memory Multiplier - 12

Uncore & QPI Features
        Uncore Frequency - 3200

DRAM Timing Selectable - Manual

CAS Latency Time - 7
        tRCD - 7
        tRP - 7
        tRAS - 18

Enter these for the other three as well.

Channel A Timing Settings

Advanced Timings
        Command Rate - 2

Advanced Voltage Control
        Load-Line Calibration - Disabled
        QPI/VTT Voltage - 1.40V

DRAM Voltage - 1.600V
        Rest to AUTO

Try these for DDR3-2000

In MIT (MB Intelligent Tweaker):

CPU Clock Ratio - 17x
        QPI Link Speed - AUTO
        Base Clock Control - Enabled
        BCLK Frequency - 167
        Performance Enhance - Standard
        Extreme Memory Profile - Disabled
        System Memory Multiplier - 12

Uncore & QPI Features
        Uncore Frequency - 4008

DRAM Timing Selectable - Manual

CAS Latency Time - 9
        tRCD - 9
        tRP - 9
        tRAS - 24

Enter these for the other three as well.

Channel A Timing Settings

Advanced Timings
        Command Rate - 2

Advanced Voltage Control
        Load-Line Calibration - Disabled
        QPI/VTT Voltage - 1.60V

DRAM Voltage - 1.640V
        Rest to AUTO

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

I tried vdimm up to 1.64.
          QPI at 1.335v
          CPU completely out of the way at like x12 or x13 multi (I forgot which)

200x8 or 133x12 for RAM just does not cut it. Seems like my sticks hate 7-7-7-21-1T @ 1600. Meh.

9-9-9-24 @ 2000's no problem, but it seems like these sticks are really holding back my CPU. Man, I've read so many guys hitting great clocks and timings with these. I'm getting jealous that I didn't get such good sticks. Oh well. That 6-7-6 the guy run in the link you showed me is amazing. I imagine my situation will only get worse as my whole setup is sitting on my desk now. Once I put it in the case, my temps will only go up. *Prays my Noctua D14 will provide adequate cooling*

Comment

Ok, after a few days of leaving memory below 1500 for CPU OC testing, I come back to test the RAM.

While I pass 2000 9-9-9-24 in Memtest 86 4.0 (4.1 came out just now but I have yet to burn a new CD) for a solid 24 hours burn.....

but in Windows, HCI memtest seems to fail within 30 minutes or so. What the?

1.65 Vdimm
            Uncore @ 2x and 2x+1
            2000-9-9-9
            QPI is at 1.355 and PLL at 1.84V

I tried 10x and 12x multis (200 and 133 BCLK)

I've kept the CPU speeds way down at 12x multiplier only, so 2.4ghz max. I'm going to have to investigate more. I hope my chips aren't bad. This might be why I have trouble hitting 8-8-8 @ 1600 even though I've Linpack tested my CPU for 24 hrs....

Comment

Working...
            X