790fx-gd70 F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ bsod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 790fx-gd70 F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ bsod

I have a 790fx board with F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ i set the timing to the 9-9-9-24 settings based on the listing on the side of the ram and some of the post i have read. my problem is this my system seems stable no errors i had it run straight for 3 days. only when i turn it off for a while about "24hrs" and the turn it back on i get bsod while windows is loading if i go in and make a minor change to bios it runs with no problem i think it might be a cold boot problem.
    Any insight would be appreciated.

C1E: On
    C&Q: Off
    DRAM Freq: 800
    Timings: 9-9-9-24 tRC:auto
    Command Rate: 2T
    DRAM Voltage: auto
    NB Voltage: auto
    HT Voltage:auto
    MB Bios: 1.10

included system specs

I just tried to turn on my system after it being off for 16 hours i know get bsod message "memory management" only way to resolve is to unseat memory and run with 1 stick inserted or with 2 sticks with 1 stick in bank 1 and other in bank 3. Prior to me turning system off and back on. memory was running in dual mode at 1600 with no errors.
    I need to know if i should rma this memory or try something else.

C&Q: Off
    DRAM Freq: 800
    Timings: 9-9-9-24 tRC:auto
    Command Rate: 2T
    DRAM Voltage: auto
    NB Voltage: auto
    HT Voltage:auto
    MB Bios: 1.10

MB : MSI 790FX-GD70 (Latest BIOS 1.10)
    CPU : AMD Phenom II x4 965 C3 125w
    Memory : G.Skill F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ
    GC : msi 9800gt
    PSU : sigma monster 750w

Comment

Send the memory in for new replacements and that should solve the problem.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Same Problem Here

I have the exact same motherboard and the exact same memory you have. I replaced the memory once through Newegg because both sticks weren't registering as the same model number. With my new kit, I'm getting the BSOD's and Memtest errors on cold boots (system is off overnight).
        I'm at a loss. I've tried the recommended timings and voltages for the RAM. Should we have to adjust any of the other voltages to at least make it run at 1333??? I'm on the verge of RMA'ing this ram back to Newegg, but they will only give me a credit now (which I got by luck). I'd rather get this RAM working because the alternatives cost more.

P.S. Oh there are recent BIOS updates for our board, but that didn't fix the problem.

Please help us G. Skill! Should I have to return my RAM twice or is it a setting I'm missing?
        AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE
        MSI 790FX-GD70
        G. Skill 2X 2GB 1600Mhz # ends 4GBNQ
        Nvidia GTX 260
        Corsair H50 Water Cooling
        Corsair 750W PSU

Comment

Sorry about the troubles Grimmet.

Send the memory directly to us, request to have them tested before shipping, and the new set should work just fine.

http://www.gskill.com/rma.php

Thank you for your cooperation
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
          X