Asus Crosshair III Formula and F3-12800CL9D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus Crosshair III Formula and F3-12800CL9D

I bought 2 packages of this memory (8gb total) I tested each stick individually with memtest86 and they all passed with zero errors.

To get this memory to run at its rated speed what should my timings be? It would be nice to know the rated timings and maybe also what I should loosen up if it refuses to run at those speeds.

Thank you!!

Asus Crosshair III Forumula
    Phenom II X4 965
    and 8gb of this memory.

As always, the memory specifications are on the memory or packaging.

DRAM Frequency DDR3-1600
    DRAM Timings tCL 9 - tRCD 9 - tRP 9 - tRAS 24 - Command Rate 2
    DRAM Voltage 1.50V
    NB Voltage 1.40V

Keep us posted on the results.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

it will not run at the speed my mobo defaults it to or those listed on the packaging.

MULTIPLE bsod's

everything from memory_management, usb_hub, bad_pool_header, and others

sending it back to new egg

Comment

Asus Crosshair III Formula and F3-12800CL9D

I was having similar problems with BSODs and App failures but took out out 2 of these memory sticks and RMAd them when they wouldn't pass memtest86. Much of the BSODs also came from the 1602 Bios which I rolled back to 1502. I set everything as you commented above and on the packaging. The PC is now very stable and I am waiting for return of the other 4GB memory. Thank you for your guidance.
        Here are the CPUZ images of the memory status for those who were having the same problem as 'rocknrolla':

My system is Windows 7 Professional 64-bit with hardware as follows:

Antec 902 case with Antex 750w -Blue LED PSU
        Asus Crossfire III Formula with Bios 1503; G.Skill F3-12800CL9D-4 GBNQ RAM modules (4 GB total now until the RMA'd ones come back)
        AMD Phemom II 965 BE
        VisionTek 5770 x 2 in CrossfireX mode
        Kingston 128 GB SSD
        VelociRaptor 300 GB HD
        LiteON BlueRay/DVD-RW

Thank you again for your suggestions.
        Last edited by boltar; 05-23-2010, 04:21 PM.

Comment

You may need to raise voltages such as NB Voltage to stabilize 4 modules.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Spoke too soon....

I thought my system was very stable with the settings provided but ran into another issue which I was a little puzzled about. As follows: I noted BSODs/Application unexpectedly quit/ coredumps during the first boot up in the morning. After a few reboots, the system was fine for 12 hours of heavy use yesterday. This morning I booted up again and the bios message was that overclocking failed but nothing was overclocked. Hmmmm... Well I did a quit search of the forums and found a similar problem ( the link = http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthrea...ight=Crosshair )

Fortunately today I received the 4GB (2 x2) to replace the RMA'd modules which failed memtest86. Soooo... I booted up my system with the current two sticks...got an overclocking error...changed out to the two sticks received today....booted fine and ran memory/graphics intensive programs just fine....shut down...reinserted my 'old' two modules onto the motherboard to replace the new modules....rebooted into a core dump before it even made it to the desktop.

So by that message link, one can presume that there is a bad batch of 2 GB memory sticks out there for this product number? Am I being reasonable to send these two sticks back for replacement as the other individual did?

Second question, for four memory modules, what would you suggest as additional parameter changes? NB voltage is at 1.4xx volts now.

Thank you again for Tech Support assistance.
            Last edited by boltar; 05-24-2010, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Yep, go ahead and send them back in and the new set should work just fine.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
              X