Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BIOS config for G.Skill Ripjaw F3-16000CL9D-4GBRH on Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 motherboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIOS config for G.Skill Ripjaw F3-16000CL9D-4GBRH on Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 motherboard

Hi,

I am having a problem with my new Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 motherboard (slow boot), and it has been recommended that I contact G.Skill to determine the best BIOS settings for the RAM.

I have 2 sets of G.Skill Ripjaw 2 x 2GB RAM, F3-16000CL9D-4GBRH, and an Intel Core i7 930 2.80GHz (Bloomfield) Socket LGA 1366, CPU.

Could you please let me know the best settings for my Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 motherboard.

Please bear in mind that I am a complete newbie with regard to this and am unaware of the majority of the various settings, let alone what values to use.

I believe that I should probably only be using 3 of the 4 sticks for triple channel, and will therefore have one stick spare (although under 64bit Win7 normal operation it reports 8GB ok).

I?d also appreciate any useful pointers/links to the various settings, especially their meaning so I can better understand what I?m doing.

TIA - Derrick

In MIT (MB Intelligent Tweaker):

CPU Clock Ratio - 17x
    QPI Link Speed - AUTO
    Base Clock Control - Enabled
    BCLK Frequency - 167
    Performance Enhance - Standard
    Extreme Memory Profile - Disabled
    System Memory Multiplier - 12

Uncore & QPI Features
    Uncore Frequency - 4008

DRAM Timing Selectable - Manual

CAS Latency Time - 9
    tRCD - 9
    tRP - 9
    tRAS - 27

Enter these for the other three as well.

Channel A Timing Settings

Advanced Timings
    Command Rate - 2

Advanced Voltage Control
    Load-Line Calibration - Disabled
    QPI/VTT Voltage - 1.60V (Find lowest stable value)

DRAM Voltage - 1.640V
    Rest to AUTO

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
    X