M4A785TD-V Evo GSKILL F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ 8gb memory problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M4A785TD-V Evo GSKILL F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ 8gb memory problem

Hello, this is my first post in the forums so be easy on me, but I have an asus M4A785TD-V Evo running that I want to run 8gb of GSKILL F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ. I have set the timings manually (see cpu-z screenshot) but when I install all 8gb windows will no longer start. When I remove a stick, it starts just fine with 6gb. I thought it was just a bad stick of ram at first, so I tried starting it with 6gb with a different set in each time and each time it started and ran great. Only when I put 8gb in would it not start. I have upgraded to the newest bios and also have tried running the ram at 1333mhz and it still does not work. Does it sound like I have defective ram? Or am I just missing something in the bios that I need to set up in order to run 8gb at 1600? Any help is appreciated.

Need to increase NB Voltage to 1.40V for 8GB. Swap the removed module with another and see if results are the same, in case one module is defective.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Well looks like it's a defective stick. I must have messed up when rotating the sets. when I put the one bad stick in, no go. I guess I'll be sending it back for a replacement.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
      X