New build question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New build question

I am building a new system. One of the problems i am having is, When i put both sticks in Memtest fails immediately. When i put one stick in memtest passes fine. sounds to me like the sticks are fine but not sure. Im not sure if it may be the mother board as the culprit.

The second problem im having is with one stick installed i can go into windows. I then install the video drivers, Restart windows as soon as windows restarts the video driver crashes and windows blue screens and restarts. I am not sure if it is video, mobo, or ram. Tonight i am going to try a spare video card that i know works.

Im using:
    Gigabyte p55m-ud2
    Gskill ddr3 4gb kit F3-12800cl9d-4gbnq
    i5 750
    XFX 5770

Make sure the memory settings are properly configure in BIOS.

DDR3-1600
    9-9-9-24-2
    1.50V

Otherwise, if you have the latest BIOS, simply enable the XMP Profile and this can be automatically done for you.

Keep me posted on the results.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

I actually posted this on friday. This morning i got on the phone with tech support. tried the settings that he sent to me. Still to no avail. put my RMA request in earlier. will be sending in as soon as the RMA number comes in. Hopefully i can get the system up and running after the new set gets here.

Thank You,
      Robert

Comment

Working...
      X