Asus Rampage III Extreme + G.SKILL only showing 8GB of 12GB installed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus Rampage III Extreme + G.SKILL only showing 8GB of 12GB installed

I have an Asus Rampage III Extreme with 12 GB of F3-12800CL7T-6GBPI installed and the bios is only reading 8GB of it. I tested each stick individually and they're all good, so its not the RAM. I'm running the latest (and the only one available at this time) bios for the board. The manual doesn't list this specific model number of memory as certified for the board, but the memory specs seem fine for it. The G.SKILL website doesn't even list the Rampage III Extreme yet, so I can't check for its list of recommended sticks.

I've gone into the bios and set the bios to the exact specs of the memory with voltage, speed and timings to make sure the bios was set to the same setting that the memory is.

So bottom line is... it could be either a faulty motherboard, or the memory is not in the bios for certified use.

Anyone have any insight on this? Thanks in advance.

What CPU and OS are you running, i.e. Win7 64 Home Basic is limited to 8GB max, Premium to 16GB....some CPUs will need to be goosed, voltage wise to run higher amounts

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I have a 980x in there... I will be running Win7 64 Ultimate, but haven't installed yet because I can't get the motherboard to recognize all the RAM yet. I've tried bumping the voltage, different timings, different speeds... I've tried everything.

Is there any documentation not posted yet to know if this RAM is qualified for the Rampage III Extreme? If I can narrow it down to the motherboard, I can then RMA the board if need be.

Comment

Sort of sounds like a bad channel, might try 3 sticks in 2,4,6. If that boots and reads okay then add the other 3 and see what happens. Might also try increasing the voltage to the CPU/MC if still problems, BIOS might not recognize the need for additional voltage w/ 6 sticks on AUTO.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Bad channel as in... on the motherboard? I've tried running each set of 3 in 2,4,6 and each set on their own registers 6GB, so I'm pretty sure the memory itself is fine. I put everything in manual and upped voltages to the CPU and memory, but nothing I've tried is working.

Comment

Send the memory in for different sets. This is the reason why we sell 12GB kits rather than having people mix two seperate ones.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Unfortunately, I ordered all my parts a few weeks before the Rampage III shipped, so I'm outside my window of Neweggs return policy now... just my luck

Comment

http://www.gskill.com/rma.php

We can exchange those for you to try again.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                X