Can't get RAM to run higher than 800mhz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't get RAM to run higher than 800mhz

Hi. I am having problems getting my RAM to run higher than 800 mhz on a new build. Here are the specs:

Model of the motherboard: ASUS M4A79XTD EVO (BIOS 704)
    Model of the memory: F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ
    Model of the CPU: AMD 965 BE 125 WT

I have tried the following BIOS settings

CR: 2T
    CL: 9 clocks
    tRCD: 9 clocks
    tRP: 9 clocks
    tRAS: 24 clocks

DRAM Voltage 1.5V
    DRAM 1600 mhz

When I set the DRAM to 1600 mhz, the computer immediately powers off and then on again. When I go to BIOS, I see all my changes have taken effect.

I am able to boot up in Windows 7 x64 without any problems. CPU-Z shows that my RAM is running at 800 mhz.

I have run memtest86+ once and did not get any errors. I also ran Prime95 once without errors. I am not experiencing any BSOD or stability issues in Ubuntu yet.

I tried other BIOS configurations to see if I can even get it to run at 1333 but CPU-Z still shows 800 mhz. In some configurations I have tried, it goes down to 666 mhz.

Please help!

=) 800MHz is DDR3-1600. DDR (double data rate), the real frequency is 800MHz, so x2 gives you DDR3-1600 effective frequency.

The reason why it went down to 667MHz is because you probably had it on default, which is DDR3-1333. Sounds like everything is running just fine. Enjoy!

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks!

Ohh. That is how it works!. This is my first computer build in 6 years and the first time using CPU-Z. I am glad everything is working fine then

Thanks for the response.

Comment

Working...
      X