Need Advice....Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Advice....Again

When I first installed new system, everything was running fine. Enabled XMP and memory was running stable at proper timings and voltage.

Unrelated to the memory, I was having problems with the nvlddmkm error, where the screen goes black for a second followed by the message ?nvlddmkm.sys has recovered from an error?. Somehow I was able to get rid of that problem but it was replaced by the same symptom, being caused by a services.exe login.
    Anyway both of these events cause the video card memory controller load to spike to 100% and stay there until the system is restarted. Video card people said to update bios and see what happens.

So, after updating bios, (from 1.2 to 1.7) system is fine at auto settings (9-9-9-24-2t). If I enable XMP, I get two or three restarts?system stays on, but no video.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I?m an old guy doing cadd work, just looking for a stable system. Is there going to be much difference running at the auto settings vs. running at the designed settings of 7-8-7-24-2t?
    Anyone know what version bios for this board allows XMP to work?
    If anyone has any suggestions on the nvlddmkm or services.exe login I will take those too.
    Thanks

Board: MSI P55 GD65
    Bios: 1.7
    Memory: F3-12800CL7Q-8GBECO
    CPU: i7 860
    Video: BFG GTX260
    Driver: 197.45
    System: Windows 7 64

Try manually setting the memory in BIOS. You can run on AUTO, but you will not be utilizing maximum performance. In addition, the system can choose the settings it decides to run each time, so it may be unstable at times if detected incorrectly.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
    X