• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSkill F3-12800CL8TU-6GBPI and AM3

MSI 890GXM-G65 motherboard
    AMD Phneom II 955BE with rev c3
    GSkill F3-12800CL8TU-6GBPI

Being a geezer and a complete noob, I don't have a real good understanding about matched sets or tri channel and dual channel. I have 4gb of the above memory in the system now working fine. It was taken out of my previous system.

So now that I have this memory and an AMD AM3 system, am I stuck using only 4gb of it or is it possible to buy another 2gb stick so I can have 8gb on my system? If I can buy another sticik that will work, which would it be?

Thanks
    Last edited by KAYOS; 04-19-2010, 03:43 PM.

The memery that your useing F3-12800CL8TU-6GBPI
    is a Tri channel set used in a Intel board. I checked newegg and they only sell them in sets of 3 or in sets of 2. I My self would check with your motherboard compatablity list for
    memory. you can find this list on the gigabyte site and the G.Skill main site.
    Gigabyte MA790FXT-UD5P
    AMD Phnome 2x4 955 Black 3.6GHz (O.C)
    G.Skill 16Gig (4x4Gig)DDR3 1333 Dual ch.F3-10666CL7Q RIPJAWS-X
    XFX HD4870 1GB 256Bit DDR5
    CORSAIR 850tx 850Watt Power Supply
    Cooler Master HAF932 ATX Case
    Cooler Master V8 CPU cooler
    Samsung DVD Burner Sata W/DL/lightscribe
    Pioneer DVD burner USB W/DL/Lightscribe
    2-WD 250 Gig HD
    1-Hitachi 1 TETRABYTE HD
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit

Comment

Yeah, I originally got the memory from Newegg.

4gb of it works fine in my 955be system, I was just wondering if there was a way I could maybe add a new 2gb stick to the 6gb I have to get 8gb running since AM 3 won't do the 6gb thing. Or if, since it's a matched set, it ain't gonna happen.

Comment

You will simply need to purchase a single module directly from us. Shoot us an email and we will be able to set that up for you.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
        X