F3-12800CL7T-6GBPI BSOD problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL7T-6GBPI BSOD problem

I recently purchased the above memory from NewEgg. As I put my system together yesterday and I entered the bios of my GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R motherboard, I selected "XMP Profile 1" to allow the memory to be utilized at its advertised speed of 1600 mhz.

After I installed Windows 7 and I started to load other programs onto my new hard drive, I started to experience the BSOD "PFN LIST CORRUPTED" error message. I updated my Bios to the current version and tried to load windows again. Within a short time, I experienced the same BSOD over and over. I had also noticed that during POST, the system would sometimes recognize only 4 gb of memory instead of the 6 gb installed.

I reset the BIOS to factory defaults which only allows the memory to be ran at 1066 mhz. After doing so, I no longer experienced the BSOD. However, I then ran MEMTEST and after running the first 3 tests, I had mulitple errors noted.

I believe I have a DIMM of bad memory. I figured I would contact you first to see if you can help me solve this issue before returning the memory to NewEgg . The memory was purchased on 3/31/10 and I installed it for the first time, yesterday, 4/5/10.

Thank you,

JohnieReb

PS. I also sent support an email

**UPDATE***

Narrowed it down to the module that is not working. The BIOS would not recognize it and after moving it to different banks, it still wasnt recognized. I will be RMA'ing this module. Disappointing since this is my first time trying GSKILL memory.

Comment

Sorry about that, but good thing is if this happens in 5 years, we can still have it replaced. =)

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

You are right, thats whats nice about lifetime warranties

Comment

Can you please give me the Bios settings for this memory to achieve 1600 mhz without enabling the XMP Profile 1? I running it with a I7-930 CPU.

Thanks...
          Last edited by JohnieReb; 04-09-2010, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Simply mirror the changes XMP makes from AUTO, then use it in "Manual".

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
            X