• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL and BSOD

Motherboard: Asus P7P55D-E Pro
    CPU: Core i5 750
    Ram: F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL

When I start my computer in the morning I will get 1 to 5 BSOD before it will finally run stable for the rest of the day. If I run Memtest86 first thing in the morning I get thousands of errors. If i run Memtest 86 after my computer has been running stable for awhile I get no errors. When I test the computer with just the first stick of ram I get the same result as if both sticks of ram are installed. It does not matter which memory slot the ram stick is in. If I just use the the second stick of ram I do not get any BSOD and Memtest86 never gives me any errors.

I assume I have one bad stick of ram or am I missing something?

Yes, sounds like that one module is not initializing properly. Please send them in for new replacements and the new set should work much better.

Also, for your particular motherboard, if you simply enable the XMP Profile under "Ai Overclock Tuner", the motherboard will be able to automatically detect and set memory settings for you.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Do I send both sticks back or only the bad stick of ram?

Comment

I would suggest simply sending the entire kit so you receive a new tested set, but if you need one module to use your computer while you wait, we can do that as well.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks I will just be sending in one module. I need some ram to keep my computer running.

Comment

Working...
          X