F310666cl8d-4gbhk + asus m4a78t-e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F310666cl8d-4gbhk + asus m4a78t-e

From time to time when I start up my PC after it sets over night I will boot up in to windows and get the blue screen of death or my mother board will say over clocked failed and I have to reset memory timings. The only thing I have set in bios is dram voltage and memory timing. Everything else is auto. If I let my pc run 24/7 it can go days without a problem but from time to time it will reboot telling me windows has recovered from a fatal error. now I have tested these ram sticks one at a time in my board with memtest86+ no errors. I have tested these sticks in dual channel in both dual channel sockets no error. I have tested these sticks in signal channel (running both sticks) no errors. last but not least the ram can't pass prime95 I get the rounding error. also i have tried all the spd timings (7-7-7-19, 8-8-8-22, 9-9-9-24, 8-8-8-21) and the timings in the QVL sheet(7-7-7-20). i also tried 8-8-8-24 and 9-9-9-27. also note that all of these timings I tried with voltage ranging from 1.5-1.6 volts.
    I don't know. I have used G.skill to repair peoples computers for years now. I have it in my ddr2 desktop, in my ddr , in my laptop ddr2. I started using G.skill after I used kingston in a ddr desktop and had similar issues. come to find out kingston was not on the QVL so i tried G.skill and it worked like a charm.
    If I put in my friends corsair xms3 TR3X6G1333C9 it will run prime95 24+ hours and I don't get this bsod (have tried to get bsod or windows error for a week now) I have left it on I have left it off and turned it on with these sticks the system runs fine.

I just want the BSOD and errors to go away. I would like the prime95 errors to go away seeing as they should not be there for what I paid for my system.
    ps i did try another cpu with this board same issues.
    VIDEO CARD: XFX 5770 HD-577A-ZNFC
    MOTHER BOARD: ASUS M4A78T-E (790gx, sb50)
    RAM: G.SKILL F310666CL8D-4GBHK DDR3 1333 PC 10666 CL 8-8-8-21 1.5V
    CPU: PHENOM II BLACK EDITION 955 C3. (HDZ955FBGMBOX)
    CPU COOLER: COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 PLUS
    POWER SUPPLY: ANTEC CP 850
    CASE: ANTEC 1200

Please send those in for new replacements and the new set should solve your problems.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Do i go through you guys or through newegg? how long does this take?

Comment

If you are within 30 days of the purchase date, you can go through NewEgg. Otherwise, simply go through us: http://www.gskill.com/rma.php

Once we receive it, you should receive the new replacement within a week.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

ok i got an rma number but had an emergency and had to go out of state to take care of a sick parent. im back now but its been past the 30 days do i apply for another or can they reopen it?

Comment

That's fine, go ahead and send it in and we will still accept it.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Is there a way to check on the status of a rma?

edit. as i did a search and did not find any info. will you guys send an email of status?

i did find however that everyone has posted there rma number and you all post back so here is mine RMA# UR2096616. it just got deliverd to the rma address. im not trying to be a pain just need tracking info when its available so i can schedule to be home.
              thanks.
              Last edited by C_WRepair; 05-24-2010, 09:13 PM.

Comment

If we received it yesterday, a tracking number should be available later today, or tommorrow. Post a thread in the RMA section and we will keep you posted.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                X