Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-16000CL9T-6GBTD and X58 Classified

Hello,
    I'm having some trouble getting the 6 GB F3-16000CL9T-6GBTD RAM to run the 2000Mhz speed. I am on a new Core i7 980x CPU and the E760 version of the EVGA X58 Classified motherboard with the latest BIOS. I saw the configuration settings in the BIOS thread already, but I cannot get it to run stable. I can POST and boot into Windows, but it will give the BSOD after about 5-7 minutes no matter what I'm doing. Would the new CPU have anything to do with it because it runs at a lower memory speed (1066Mhz) than the other i7 chips? Would appreciate any help you can offer. Thanks.

BIOS should look as follows:

CPU Clock Ratio - 17
    CPU Host Frequency - 200
    CPU Uncore Frequency - 4000
    Spread Spectrum - Disabled

Memory Feature (submenu)
    Memory Control Setting - Enabled
    Memory Frequency - 2000MHz / 2:10

tCL Setting - 9
    tRCD Setting - 9
    tRP Setting - 9
    tRAS Setiing - 27
    Command Rate - 2T
    The rest can be AUTO.

Voltage Control (submenu)
    CPU VTT Voltage - +200mV
    CPU PLL VCore - 1.900V
    DIMM Voltage - 1.65V
    QPI PLL VCore - 1.600V
    IOH Vcore - 1.300V
    IOH/ICH I/O Voltage - 1.600V
    ICH VCore - 1.200V

CPU Feature (submenu)
    Intel SpeedStep - Disabled
    Turbo Mode Function - Disabled
    CxE Function - Disabled
    Execute Disable Bit - Enabled
    Virtualization Technology - Enabled

Let me know how that goes.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I haven't been able to try these settings yet as I ended up having to RMA my motherboard for another issue. But I did want to ask about settings for 12GB of RAM as it is a possiblity that I might get another set of this RAM. I know that I probably won't be able to run at 2000Mhz, so what would be the best and most efficient settings I could achieve with 12GB? Thanks.
      Last edited by DualEdge; 03-29-2010, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Start from DDR3-1600 and work your way up until it is unstable. That is the only way to find the max for your particular combination.

Thank you
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
          Start from DDR3-1600 and work your way up until it is unstable. That is the only way to find the max for your particular combination.

Thank you
          GSKILL SUPPORT
          But you are saying that I should DEFINITELY be able to get at least 1600Mhz on 12GB though, right? I think I'm okay with that at this point. Any ideas on timings/configurations for a 12GB setup? If I could get working settings, I think I would get another G.Skill set, but if not, I might have to RMA my current set. Since I do some pretty taxing HD video rendering, I could definitely use a full 12Gb.

Comment

Yes, DDR3-1600 should not be an issue.

CPU Clock Ratio - 21
            CPU Host Frequency - 133
            CPU Uncore Frequency - 3200
            Spread Spectrum - Disabled

Memory Feature (submenu)
            Memory Control Setting - Enabled
            Memory Frequency - 1600MHz / 2:12

tCL Setting - 7
            tRCD Setting - 7
            tRP Setting - 7
            tRAS Setiing - 21
            Command Rate - 2T
            The rest can be AUTO.

Voltage Control (submenu)
            CPU VTT Voltage - +200mV
            DIMM Voltage - 1.65V
            QPI PLL VCore - 1.600V

CPU Feature (submenu)
            Intel SpeedStep - Disabled
            Turbo Mode Function - Disabled
            CxE Function - Disabled

Thank you
            GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Hello,
              I'm having some issues again after updating to the latest 73 BIOS on this 760 EVGA Classified board. I'm still running 6GB of the aforementioned RAM and was using the settings you first posted on the 59 set of BIOS. EVGA has updated the BIOS a few times now for stability (especially with RAM) and I'd like to see if I can't get the newest BIOS stable with the same 4.2~4.4 GHz configuration at 2000Mhz. I was unable to POST with my overclock settings and had a random issues with any overclock as well. Any help you could offer? Thanks.

Comment

What are your BIOS settings? What is the problem? Have you tried DDR3-1600 to start from there?

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

What are your BIOS settings? What is the problem? Have you tried DDR3-1600 to start from there?

Thank you
                  GSKILL TECH
                  My BIOS settings match what is posted in your configuration thread. The main issue is, while those settings work, they are actually an underclock for my current 980x CPU. When I try the settings that you posted for 2000 MHz in this thread, I can't even POST in the BIOS 64, 70, or 73. So basically, I can't get up to my rated CPU spec or an overclock with those settings in the other thread. Again, there have been an number of improvements for memory and the 980x chip in more recent BIOS that I would really like to take advantage of, but I'm struggling to get anywhere. I have not tried 1600 Mhz as of right now. Thanks for your ongoing assistance.

Comment

If those settings work, simply raise the CPU Ratio. Your CPU is unlocked, so you can set it to whatever you like.

In addition to the basic memory settings, you will simply need to find the sufficient CPU VTT Voltage. Starting from DDR3-1600 would give you an easy base point, then you can simply up the voltage from there until you reach your target frequencies.

Thank you
                    GSKILL TECH

Comment

If those settings work, simply raise the CPU Ratio. Your CPU is unlocked, so you can set it to whatever you like.

In addition to the basic memory settings, you will simply need to find the sufficient CPU VTT Voltage. Starting from DDR3-1600 would give you an easy base point, then you can simply up the voltage from there until you reach your target frequencies.

Thank you
                      GSKILL TECH
                      I'm pretty sure I tried just raising the CPU ratio already, but I also tried a lot of other things, so I'll try it again and report back. Thanks.

Comment

Well, I mean if that setting works, but the CPU frequency is just lower than your stock CPU, then raising the CPU Ratio will adjust that without messing with memory settings/stability.

Thank you
                        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Okay, so here is what I found out so far. I was not able to POST on the 73 BIOS with the configuration that is listed in the configuration thread. I found the problem to be with the VTT level. The system would simply power on when I ask for +350 VTT and 1.3 CPU VCore, but would never POST until I lowered that VTT value. Now I have been able to mess around with overclocking now under the lower VTT level (only at +100 right now), but I do not seem to be able get much higher than 1600MHz. I still have a few things to try but tonight if I can't get everything working, I'll post my best BIOS settings to see if I have anything incorrectly set.

Comment

Here are my current settings that at least have me stable for the time being, but are not really where I want to be.

CPU Clock Ratio: 26x
                            CPU Host Freq: 167
                            CPU Uncore Frequency: Currently set to auto
                            Spread Spectrum: Disabled

Memory Frequency: 1333/2:10
                            tCL Setting: 9
                            tRCD Setting: 9
                            tRP Setting: 9
                            tRAS Setting: 24
                            tRFC Setting: 74
                            Command Rate: 2T

CPU VCore: 1.39375V
                            IOH/ICH I/O Voltage: 1.5V
                            ICH VCore: 1.2V
                            QPI PLL VCore: 1.55V
                            IOH PLL VCore: 1.8V
                            CPU PLL VCore: 1.905V
                            IOH VCore: 1.3V
                            CPU VTT: +100mV
                            DIMM Voltage: 1.64V

This gives me an overclock of 4.350 GHz with a memory speed of 1673Mhz. I'm not really sure where to go from here. I know that your settings all show a higher CPU VTT setting, however, that usually puts me in a CPU VTT setting of over 1.45~1.5, which I understand is not good based on what I've read. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

It's not "good" because higher voltage is considered "bad", but it will be required to operate higher memory frequencies. It's not that bad, many people run it for 247 usage.

Thank you
                              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                              X