Mixing Trident and Ripjaws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mixing Trident and Ripjaws

Hello, I have a EVGA P55 SLI Motherboard running an Intel I-5 750 and currently running a 4 gig set of F3-16000CL9D-4GBTD for a while now, with the CPU overclocked to 3.6Ghz and the memory running at the specified timings from G.Skill. I would like to upgrade to 8 gigs of total memory by adding another 4 gig set to my system. Is it possible (and feasible when OC'ing) for me to add 4 gigs of the Ripjaws DDR3 2000 (Model F3-16000CL9D-4GBRH) to my 4 gigs of Trident and run them at the same timings? I know they have slightly different memory chips, but there timings and voltages are supposed to be the same. I ask because the Ripjaws is currently running about 20 bucks cheaper than the Trident. I do realize I will have to increase the MCH and probably change some timings when running 8 gigs over 4, I just want to know if Ripjaws will mix with trident and be stable.

JZGrimm

Shouldn't be a problem, but it simply depends on the specific modules. Sometimes even the same model numbers may not operate together.

MCH Core Voltage will need to be roughly 1.40V

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

So in other words, the ripjaws should have just as good a chance of working with the tridents I currently have as another set of tridents would have? Basically I could have bad luck and get a set of ripjaws that don't work well with my current set, but I have the same chance of getting a second set of tridents and having them not work well. Thats kinda what I figured.

Comment

Correcto mundo.

Thank you
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
        X