No announcement yet.

M4a78t-e w/ f3-12800cl9d-4gbnq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes one stick works with no errors at all but the minute I put that second stick all hell breaks loose. I wil test the memory overnight and let go and see what happends. In morning I will flip the sticks and let run and see whats what.

Comment

Ok after running memtest for 8 hours one stick had errors and the second stick after 9 hours checks out ok. I got RMA today so my question being that these are a pair should I send both of them for replacement? I have seen a few folks here that RMA only the defective stick and does not pair up with they get the replacement. Thanks Ice
      [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

You can just send the one bad one, but we suggest both.

Thank you
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
          Were you able to get DDR3-1600 working with one stick? If so, sounds like the CPU may be defective. Get the C3 revision and you should not have any problems.

Try running memtest on each stick, see if you can come up with any errors. If not, then it is very likely that it is the CPU.

Otherwise, memory is the easiest to exchange, so if you want to get that out of the way, simply send it in for a new replacement set and hopefully that solves the problem.

Thank you
          GSKILL SUPPORT
          Just a quick follow up. I know this is a little old but, I got the CS2 version of phenom 955. I know the mods think it does not work. Just to let you guys know it works great. After intense testing each stick I found the one that was defective. One bad chip. After getting the new replacement chip all issues have been resolved. Thanks again for all the help. Ice199

Comment

Working...
          X