Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice coveted on asus & Gskill

so i went newegg and bought a few bones to start a new PC with,

after reading the reviews i figured insted of getting 2 sticks of the 1 gig ram for finances sake, i would get 4 sticks for the sake of a 1 bad stick trend i seen developing

this is the mobo, ram, cpu, and HD i chose to strat with,
    i will be using old dvdw/r drives, fans, case, p s u, and the like untill i can scrape together enough pennies to buy more stuff

basicly i want your opinion
    EVERYONES input

do you sugest a certian psu? a better case ? feed me your thoughts,

and the mobo i have chosen seems to invoke EXTREME nightmares for people, i would like advice on what to do, and what NOT to do whene setting up this build

it will be win 7 business
    MB ASUS M4A78T-E AM3 790GX/SB750 RT mobo
    MEM 1Gx2|GSK F3-10666CL8D-2GBHK R ram,(4 sticks of 1 gig apeace)
    HD 750|WD 7K 32M SATA2 WD7501AALS HD(750 gig, 7500 rpm)
    and the toper
    CPU AMD|PH II X4 965 3.4G 6M RT (3.4 gig quad core AM3 processor)

so, feed me your brain piddle!

i just got the processor in the mail
    W O W
    now THAT is one AWESOME oem cooling rig!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Should have minimal issues setting that up. You have purchased all the compatible hardware. The only thing that would hold you back is your 1GB modules. You should definitely go with 2GB modules. When utilizing all 4 memory slots, it causes unnecessary stress on the memory controller especially for only a grand total of 4GB. You lose a little performance when using 4 sticks.

Thank you
      GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

just for the purpose of clarification,,,

are you saying it would be a more " healthy " system environment if i were to use 4 separate 2 gig sticks with the hardware configuration a have ?

and on that note, the next time i purchase ram i am expecting to go wit the minimum of a
        stick being at least 1600 instead of the DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) that i bought this time around,,, will i need to change all 4 sticks so there are no compatibility issues?
        or can i swap 2 sticks at a time?

i figure i might need to do a wee bit of OC'ing, but by the time i can afford to buy the new sticks i will have enough for ram fans and all the other pieces of nerd candy i am currently going insane over 8D

Comment

It is better to use a lesser amount of sticks. 2 sticks of 2GB would be better than 4 sticks of 1GB. If you decide to upgrade to DDR3-1600, you will need to swap all 4 sticks. You probably wouldn't notice a difference between DDR3-1333 and DDR3-1600, so I would just stick with what you have.

I actually tested these sticks today, simply set them at DDR3-1500 1.60V and didn't have a problem at all. Passed all burn tests without error.

Thank you
          GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

now that some valuable info, thank you very much, i appreciate your response and your time VERY much

Comment

Working...
            X