X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSI X48C platinum with 8bg (4x2) F3-10600CL9D-4GBNT

EDIT: oops, error in the thread title: read 8Gb, not 8Bg

Hi all

I've already posted here about my problem last year, and I thought that it was fixed...but since then I still had these crashes.

So here's a my problem, again :

I have a MSI X48C platinum, with an Intel core2quad Q9450 on it (no overclocking, 333x8, 2666Ghz)
    I have its latest bios (7.4, that came out in december '09)
    I have 8gig (4x2go) of G.Skill F3-10600CL9D-4GBNT

Basically:
    Even with its latest bios, my computer doesn't boot if I set the memory options in the bios to "auto". I have to clear the cmos to boot again.

Here are my current bios settings:

Fsb/memory ratio: 1:1:60 (cpu fsb 333)
    Memory voltage: auto

Dram cas# latency 7
    Dram Ras# to Cas# delay 7
    Dram Ras# precharge 7
    Dram Ras{ activate to precharge 20
    Dram TRFC 59
    Dram TWR 8
    Dram TWTR 4
    Dram TRRD 4
    Dram TRTP 4

MCH read delay Auto
    1n/2n memory timing 2n

With these settings my system seems stable, but it still reboots randomly, so I'm asking for some help
    Thanks
    Last edited by NiukNiuk; 02-20-2010, 01:49 PM.

I'd raise the tRFC to 68 also don't use auto, manually set base timings to 7-7-7-20, Command Rate to 2N, and your DRAM Voltage to 1.5, auto settings with MSI and some other mobos can fluctuate, so always best to load manually.

Give it a try and let us know.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank you for your reply

The memory timings were already set manually (based on what everest detected), because if set to auto the computer would crash right upon booting.

I just loaded your modified settings, I'll let you know if I crash again

Thanks again.

EDIT:
      I played a little bit and had a system crash after a few minutes of play
      There's nothing in the system event viewer (except "the last system shutdown wasn't planned") so it's definitely hardware related...
      My full system specs:

MSI X48C platinum (bios 7.4)
      Intel core2quad Q9450 @ default freq
      4x2Go Gskill F3-10600CL9D-4GBNT, with manual settings (see previous post)
      Ati radeon HD4870 512M
      Asus Xonar D2 sound card

Since my post last year, I switched from vista 64 to seven 64 (I formatted, I didn't do an upgrade), and every driver on my system is up to date.

These crashes happen randomly, while playing/surfing or even when the computer is idle
      I really don't know how to have a stable system with this motherboard and 8gig of ddr3...
      Last edited by NiukNiuk; 02-21-2010, 07:52 AM.

Comment

try tRFC at 88 (I had a typo,,sorry).....if that doesn't help, add .5 to the DRAM Voltage

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Ok thank you

2v is safe for this kind of ram?

Comment

.05, to 1.55, would like to say I need a new keyboard, but think I'm just going to fast.........

Tman

Comment

Upping the thread to say that my system seems stable with these tweaked settings.
              I didn't have a crash since I changed the tRFC to 88 and upped the memory voltage to 1.54v.
              Thanks again for your help

Comment

Working...
              X