Proc. error with memo 1600mhz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proc. error with memo 1600mhz

Hello. Sorry, my english sucks . Well, i have phenom II 955 and my proc. crash in prime test when i use memos 1600mhz, even in stock. If i use all in stock, in case memo and proc, the error doesnt appear. Someone knows what is that?

Phenom II 955, M4A78T-E, 2x2GB G.skill 1600mhz 9-9-9-24-2T 1,5v..

May need to add some voltage to the CPU/MC and possibly HT voltage

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank you. I set 1,38v on my cpu and 1,24v on HT, overclocking to 2200mhz. I'm using prime in the moment and at least for the moment it's stable.

Comment

Let us know how it goes

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Crash -.-". Could it be mobo/cpu problem?

Comment

Try increasing the HT Voltage to 1.40V

Thank you
            GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Nothing, crash again. the only way the problem is solved is:

Proc 18x200 1,4875v
              CPU/NB: 2400mhz 1,4v
              Memory: 1600mhz 9-9-9-24-2T 1,6v
              CPU VDDA: 2,60v

But the processor stay 67full

Comment

First, are your CPU core temperatures overheating? You don't say what kind of cooler you use, but setting higher frequency and voltage means more heat.

Sorry, why do you use 18X200 2400 CPU/NB speed?
                You have an unlocked processor muliplier. Can't you lower that NB, and raise CPU multiplier and memory multiplier instead to get same result?

Are you using AMD Overdrive 3.0 to help you overclock? There is a tutorial on AMD site on basic overclocking here:
                http://blogs.amd.com/play/2009/04/22...ion-processor/

Maybe you need to try setting memory speed and timings first, at stock NB frequncy and follow a smaller steps increase in multiplier and frequency and voltages, and do error checking as AMD suggests.

I am not as familiar with AMD overclocking, but I have seen overclocks at HT2000 to 3.2 MHz at with Corsair 1600 RAM at 8-8-8-24/DDR3-1333 using using CPU/NB at 2000. You could benchmark to see if you get better results at tighter timings with lower RAM speed. Look at this review at Tom's hardware:
                http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...-955,2278.html

Comment

Hi, first of all, thank you for the help. Well, my cooler is hyper 212 plus and temps are: 39 - 42 idle (c'nq on) and 55 full. I just wanna 1600mhz + proc stock, because pII 3,2ghz is enough to make my gtx260 fly ^^.

Comment

Working...
                  X