Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD 965 + M4A7T-E + Gskill ram = Problems!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD 965 + M4A7T-E + Gskill ram = Problems!

current set up

Windows 7 64 bit
    8GB g.Skill PC3-10700(667MHz)/F3-12800CL7-2GBRM,currently set at 1.65v 9,9,9,25,2t , tried running at all MHz's
    AMD Phenom II X4 965 c3 125w, OC'd 3996.2 MHz, stable on CPU only tests, 1.50v, 32c idle 48 stress- watercooled
    ASUS m4a7t-e, 18 multiplier,bus 222 MHz,HT link 1998.2 MHz(1.40 v),NB freq 2496MHz(NB 1.35v),SB 1.30V
    800 watt corsair PSU
    ATI 5770 1024mb graphics card

hi

i have a problem that i have sourced backed to the ram that i am currently using for this set up,every other component has been
    checked and stressed and is working fine.I have managed to get 4.3MHz out of the CPU using a watercooler and then it bugs out
    and it is more than stable at just shy under 4GHz running at a max of 48c(well under its limits).The board has been tested with a multimeter
    and has also been RMA'd once(because i initially thought it was at fault) and is not a source of the problem.Its running cool at the settings that i have got it at to even try to get this
    RAM stable but no matter what i try i just cannot get it to run stable.Under normal usage i get freezes and BSOD's at random and if i stress the ram you
    can forget it!The PC just crashes.Running the CPU and mainboard at stock causes the same problem.I have tried so many settings now for the
    RAM that im just getting board of it to be honest.Initially when i purchased 8GB of it only 2x2gb sticks would work and i had to send two back.
    This set of 4x2gb at least works but it is not stable at all.All sticks have been individually tested and 4gb is relatively stable,so i am inclined to at
    least accept that ASUS have a badly designed memory controller as they historically are known to throw up problems when putting in a large amount of RAM, has anyone got a setup similar to this running ok.

im not a noob,ive been building IT systems for the past 15 years and this is for personal use but i want to get the best out of the system as possible,if the
    ram works to its full potential then it would be flipping fast!. Do you have any ideas tech as im getting tempted to just RMA it for good and getting a refund.

tech could you please give me a workaround or solution to the above problem please.........?

Comment

DDR3-1600 will not be able to use CL7, so I would suggest using 8-8-8-24.

Have you tried each set seperately to insure both kits work properly? Or you can test each stick with the proper settings to determine whether there is a bad stick. If no sticks seem defective, put them all back in and raise the NB Voltage to 1.40V. Keep me posted on the results.

Thank you
      GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
      X