Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Settings for EVGA X58 SLI and 12GB of F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ - Help needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Settings for EVGA X58 SLI and 12GB of F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ - Help needed!

Hello,

Motherboard: EVGA X58 SLI
    CPU: Intel i7 920 D0

I have 6 sticks of F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ ram. 2GB each stick making a total of 12GB.

When the BIOS posts, it reports properly the 12GB (originally showed 8, but I updated BIOS today ad it shows 12).

Booting into Windows 7, it reports that out of the 12GB only "10.5GB Useable"

I do not plan to overclock, however I am new to setting options in the bios. The ONLY settings I changed was the timings (set to 9-9-9-24), the rest is set to AUTO.

So my question is:

For the EVGA X58 motherboard with, what settings do I have to do (timings, voltage, etc) so that Windows 7 allows me to use all 12GB of RAM.

When the BIOS boots, it says that the ram is DDR31066, but isn't this RAM DDR3-1600? Looking in the BIOS the ratio for that frequency is 2:8 (1066), should it be raised? And if so, what to?

I am a MAJOR noob when it comes to this, so assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Sam

My CPU-Z Info: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/102270/SONICSAM-PC.html

Looks like you did not set the memory settings in BIOS.

In BIOS, set DDR Frequency to 1600. Memory timings tCL 9 - tRCD 9 - tRP 9 - tRAS 24 - Command Rate 2. Memory Voltage 1.50V. Once that is complete, everything should run just fine.

Regarding the capacity issue, it should automatically read the correct value. If it is 10.5, you may want to check System Information to see where the other 1.50GB is being allocated. It may be shared with hardware or virtual memory, page filing, and others since you have an abundance of memory.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
      Looks like you did not set the memory settings in BIOS.

In BIOS, set DDR Frequency to 1600. Memory timings tCL 9 - tRCD 9 - tRP 9 - tRAS 24 - Command Rate 2. Memory Voltage 1.50V. Once that is complete, everything should run just fine.

Regarding the capacity issue, it should automatically read the correct value. If it is 10.5, you may want to check System Information to see where the other 1.50GB is being allocated. It may be shared with hardware or virtual memory, page filing, and others since you have an abundance of memory.

Thank you
      GSKILL SUPPORT
      Hello,

Thanks for the help, I accidentally set tRAS to 20 instead of 24. Changed to the frequency to 1600 and all is well.

Windows recognizes all 12GB and mentions no issues.

Thanks for the help,

Love the ram and the fast support you've given me!

-Sam

Comment

Working...
      X