Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

Hi all,

Can someone help me with F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ and a GIGABYTE GA-770TA-UD3 AM3 AMD 770. I can only install W7 64bit with 4GB installed and in auto the RAM comes up with DDR3 1333. The timing and voltages are according to the box. If I move the divider up to get 1600 the system locks up.

Here is my setup:

GIGABYTE GA-770T-UD3 AM3 flashed to F2 BIOS
    AMD X4 965 Phenom II X4 3.4GHz BE
    2 x 4GB F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ
    Ultra 1000W PSU
    XFX Radeon 5850BE

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks

Raise NB Voltage to 1.40V. If that doesn't work, raise HT Voltage to 1.30V. Have you tried testing both sets seperately to insure neither set is defective?

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Wow! Just bumping the NB makes it run great. I'll try the other 2 sticks tomorrow. What is the NB voltage for?

I am also having a problem when using Futuremark or playing my BF2142. A soon as the graphics card is called on to use something graphical muscle the computer shuts down tripping the over limit on the PSU. Could this be RAM related? I am going to swap out the VC and PSU as soon as I can. Any suggestions there?

Thanks again,

k.m.z.

Comment

I tried the 2 other sticks and they seem stable at 1600. I can run the system normally after I install w7 with 4GB, then put the other 2 sticks in. When the system is taxed with graphics it shuts down tripping the power over limit on the PSU.

Comment

The NB Voltage is for the Northbridge. It is what syncs the memory and CPU, and since you were using 4 sticks, it may have been overloading the Northbridge.

As far as the power over limit, I'm not sure why that would be happening...

Thank you
          GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

I could not find HT in my BIOS would it be called something else like VTT?

Thanks again,

k.m.z.

Comment

No, not all motherboards have this option. Make sure you have the latest BIOS.

Thank you
              GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
              X