Setting mem speed to 1333 failed...NEED HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting mem speed to 1333 failed...NEED HELP

I am running an AMD phenom II x4 965 BE (not OC'ed), 2x2GB GSKILL F3-10666CL8D-4GBHK on an ASUS M4A79XTD EVO...I set the timings to 8-8-8-21...fine....but i went back later to change speed to 1333 and when I went to reboot later it took a couple of times to work then when it did boot, post said something like "overclock failed" so i changed the speed back to AUTO and has been working fine since but I want it at 1333...is this because I need to flash BIOS? Something else?

Maybe raise DRAM VOLTAGE little bit. Put It to 1.6V. Also if the problem comes raise HT and NB voltage, NB to 1.35 and HT to 1.3. Someone correct If I am wrong.

CPU/NB voltage can also cause problems.. Raising It should help too.

Comment

Post up pictures of your BIOS. You should not have any issues at all with this memory package.

Thank you
      GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

what all do you want? just pics of my current settings or do you want me to try and catch a pic of POST saying "Overclocking failed"?

Comment

Just pictures of what you have set in BIOS for CPU and memory. Sometimes people say they set stuff correctly when in fact it is not, and also it is much easier/quicker for me to pinpoint the issue.

Thank you
          GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
          X