No announcement yet.

QPI Voltage for 8GB(4x2GB) G.Skill F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ with Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPI Voltage for 8GB(4x2GB) G.Skill F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ with Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2

Board: Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2
    BIOS: F7
    RAM: 8GB G.Skill F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ (4x2GB)
    PSU: 750w Corsair

From hearing other people with similar setups, they are experiencing the same random freezes I am because of the 8GB setup (overloading memory controller). What should my QPI voltage be for this combo of RAM and motherboard/BIOS? Should I bump up my Vcore as well, and if so, to what?

PS - I'm running these at 1333 with defaults on all else.

8GB of DDR3-1600 will require roughly 1.35V. You can try that and increase it slightly from there if necessary.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

1.35V even though the sticks are running at 1333, right? The 1.35v setting gets into the light red in the voltage list (white-->light red-->dark red) so I'm just making sure since it appears to be getting in the "danger" zone. I trust what you say, I just want to double check and confirm.

PS - Vcore stays at auto, correct?

Comment

Umm... OK, the freeze came really quick with my voltage at 1.35v. It only took an hour for the freeze to happen, whereas it may take up to 3 days while on "auto". What now?

Comment

<<STARTING OVER>>

Ok, I decided to run diags on my RAM and came across something interesting. Individually in any slot, all single stick of RAM pass my QuickTech Pro memory diags perfectly. So all the RAM is good for sure. But when putting either two sets of sticks together in the system, no matter the slots, they always fail in the 2500MB - 3700MB address range.

I know my board has to have them in the 2 and 4th slots if only using two sticks but the same issue happens if putting them in ANY two slots. Slots 2+4, 3+4, 1+4, 1+3, 1+2, and any other possible combination. Same results, same memory ranges, same failure.

The particular part of the memory test that fails in that range no matter the config is the "ATS" test run.

Any ideas?

Comment

Sounds like you may have a bad motherboard. 1.35V was for DDR3-1600, should not require that much for DDR3-1333. Try QPI AUTO and see where the voltage is at, then manually set it slightly above that. With that manually set along with the memory settings, everything should run just fine. If not, I would suggest getting the motherboard replaced.

Thank you
            GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

That has been my suspicion all along. Thanks for confirming. I've had the system hard reboot with loss of power to all USB ports, until that 4th reboot that is...

I'll have to scrap together a spare laptop before I take my main player out of comission though..

Thnaks for the help!

Comment

Working...
              X