Gskill F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ/ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gskill F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ/ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO

hello everyone, i've just built my new computer and everything is fine so far i just need help with the setting up the gskill memory to run at 1600 instead of 1333. I've read other posts here and i've done the cpuz and gotten the pictures/info for the ram :

G.SKILL
    Model
    F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ
    Type
    240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM
    Speed
    DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

Also its running on a ASUS Model M4A785TD-V EVO and a
    AMD Phenom II X4 Model :HDX925WFGIBOX 95w

Also i haven't touched anything so far in hopes of getting it right the first time . I appreciate any help that you guys can provide.

Oh btw i'm using windows 7 ultimate 64bit OS just an fyi.

Comment

Greeting, I hope someones gives you an answer. I am just starting a new build myself/ Same exact RAM
      F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ. But I am using Intel i5 750 on Asus P7P55D-E Pro MoBo. I just got the RAM a few min. ago. I am going with Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit {wish I had gotten the 64bit...LOL} This is my first use of G. Skill, I think I am going to be happy with it. Looks like a good service and Forum.
      cuggie

Comment

me too...

...similar setup as me.

Same mobo, OS and RAM, but I'm running the Phenom II x4 955BE and 2 sticks of the RAM
        Just built it and everything running smoothly at 1300mhz

Found another posting on here with Bios settings for the M4A79TD deluxe, so I tried those.
        Had a couple of issues with that.

HT voltage doesn't like to go above 1.28 on this mobo without showing red for overclocked.
        Put it to 1.4v anyway and CPU-Z was showing memory running well.

however, my computer crashed every time I went to a certain website, javascript probably.
        Tried it again with Bios settings back to default and no crash this time at the same website!
        Have no idea why this would be the case.

So, my question, along with hawie, is whether we should try different settings to the deluxe mobo, and why might I have this problem with javascript at higher RAM frequency!?
        (maybe it has nothing to do with the RAM but I don't seem to have problems with 1300mhz)

thanks G.Skill and anyone else that can help.

Comment

hawie,

You need to set memory frequency to 800MHz or DDR3-1600. Currently it is operating at 670MHz or DDR3-1340

rolat,

As long as the memory frequency, timings, and voltage are set correctly, everything should run fine.

Thank you
          GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Thanks G.Skill, wow, prompt answers!

I misread hawie's post, I'm actually running the M4A79XTD EVO mobo.

So, when you say 'correctly' are you saying these same settings from the deluxe version:

AI Overclock Tuner - Manual
            DRAM Frequency - 1600

DRAM Controller Configuration (submenu)
            DCT Unganged Mode - Enabled
            Power Down Enable - Disabled

DRAM Timing/Driving Config. (submenu)
            tCL - 9
            tRCD - 9
            tRP - 9
            tRAS - 24

Rest can be AUTO

DRAM Voltage - 1.6V
            HT Voltage - 1.4V
            NB Voltage - 1.2V

Is it okay to raise the HT voltage to 1.4v even though the mobo shows red for those numbers?

I'm not an overclocker, will I notice much performance difference by going to 1600mhz?
            Or can the timings be made tighter for 1300mhz and get a similar increase in performance?

thanks again

Comment

Yes, red simply means it is overvolted, but it is no problem.

If you use DDR3-1333 with 8-8-8-21 timings, it should be just as fast as DDR3-1600 with CL9 timings.

Thank you
              GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

hey guys, thx for the prompt response. Sadly i've ran into a problem (good/bad news). I set the ram to 1610 in the bios. that was the only choice available other was 1580. So i changed it and had no luck : /. This is what i got :

I did rearrange the ram tho in the MB book it said put it in a1 and b1 for duel channel but i put them in a1/a2 and now the cpuz reads it as duel channel ram. should i keep it this way?

Also in the bios menu for this mother board i was able to select this 1610 mode in the *integrated video* tab? that strikes me as wrong... is that wrong? there is a tab to disable the sideport/uma memory. I think this belongs to the onboard ram? should i disable this or is this the correct sub menu to tweek ram?

Thanks again for your help.

Comment

i took some pictures with my nokia phone and the pics don't look horrible so if you need the pics to see what I'm talking about I'll be happy to post them thanks.

Comment

Yes, the memory should show as dual channel.

Not sure what the integrated video option is, I would disable it since it sounds like it wants to share memory.

Thank you
                    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Hey again, srry it took so long to respond weather has been crazy on the est coast. Anyways it seems like i was going in the wrong sub directory the whole friggin time. when i should have been going under the sub directory of *jumper free something*. I checked under it before but i never knew it could scroll down more lol. Well i finally got the write options, and this is what i have so far:

I think the timings are somewhat wrong tho.

Comment

Yes, you have the frequency correct, now you simply have to set the memory timings manually and everything should run just fine.

tCL 9 - tRCD 9 - tRP 9 - tRAS 24

Thank you
                        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
                        X