F3-12800cl7d-4gbrm + dfi lanparty ut x48-t3rs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800cl7d-4gbrm + dfi lanparty ut x48-t3rs

I can not get F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM to run at 1600 Mhz on a DFI UT X48-T3RS motherboard, even at 9-9-9-24 timings and 1.65V. I could only get 1333Mhz at 8-8-8-24 1.6V. Same problem on an ASRock X48TurboTwins motherboard. Has anyone been able to get this memory to work @ 1600Mhz on an X48 based motherboard?
    Last edited by mickhandle; 01-28-2010, 12:25 PM.

Anyone??

Does anyone have any input on running this RAM on a DFI UT X48-T3RS motherboard? Even tried running one stick at a time. Still not bootable past 1333Mhz.

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS for those motherboards? Post up screen shots of your BIOS and I can see what you may have set incorrectly.

Thank you
      GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

I have the latest BIOS - X48BD326. I read on another forum that the X48 chipset has trouble with lower voltage RAM. Also, I heard that in order to run DDR3 1600, you need alot of northbridge voltage. Also heard that driving strength should be 3 and skew set to model 6. That being said I took some suggestions and applied the following settings and was able to boot @ 1600 but could only run memtest for less than 5 minutes without errors. Divider set to 333/1333 is more stable than 400/1600.

Last edited by mickhandle; 01-31-2010, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Comment

Might check what the system is setting the tRFC at, should be 127.5 or possibly 195, may also want to increase the CPU/MC voltage a tad and OC the CPU a bit

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

7-8-7-24 timings, 1.6 volts @ 1333 is stable without the extra northbridge voltage.

Comment

Tradesman,
                I tried tRFC of 128 since my BIOS does not give .5 increments. Memtest86 V4.0 still errors after about 4 minutes. My tRFC only goes up to 140 which I tried and still errored. I am overclocking my Q9550 to 3.4GHz. Voltages are shown in the previous post. What do you mean by MC voltage? I do have the northbridge voltage bumped up to 1.54V.
                Last edited by mickhandle; 02-01-2010, 06:55 AM.

Comment

You may be setting too much voltage. Reduce the NB Voltage to 1.20V

Thank you
                  GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Hi, I have this same board (DFI UT X48 T3RS) and ram (F3-12800CL7D-4GBRH). I have a different cpu (E8400, 3.00, currently OC'ed to 3.5). I am also having trouble getting the ram to work with this board. Right now it's running at 1556 (don't know the divider) at 7-7-7-24. If I try to overclock any higher I get a BIOS ROM Corrupt error and have to go through a long process of clearing the bios (take out battery, move jumper, reset + power) and taking out a stick of ram, thereby allowing me to get back into the bios and reset the settings. Then I could put the other stick back in and boot back up.

I've read on a forum somewhere that moving the ram to 2 and 4 (yellow) instead of 1 and 3 (green) is better for the board (?). I moved mine, but haven't overclocked more than 3.5 Ghz (translates into 1556 for the RAM) because I don't want to have to clear everything again. I haven't changed any voltages or anything. Is it safe to up the voltage for the ram?

Also, the newest bios is from 03/26/09 and available from the DFI site. I downloaded it, hoping a USB-flash of the bios will help clear up the problem.

Comment

j1mb34m - I gave up on the RAM. Tried everything. Slots 2 & 4 didn't improve anything for me. I am on the newest BIOS (3-26-09). Voltage increases on the RAM do not improve anything. I have gone up to 1.85 volts. If anything the RAM is less stable above 1.65 volts. I have read that increasing northbridge voltage and CPU VTT would help but did not for me. GSKILL TECH recommended dropping my northbridge voltage to 1.20V which isn't even available since the default setting is 1.265V. I have tried northbridge voltages from 1.265 to 1.543V without any success at 1600MHz, even at 9-9-9-28 timings. I ended up ordering a 4GB Patriot kit - PVS34G1600LLK , which is listed as supported on DFI's site. They are 1.9Volt modules. I'll let you know how they work out.

Comment

Yea, so I flashed my bios, but still can't get the ram to run at 400/1600 or 333/1601. right now it's at 400(or 333)/1556, with everything else on auto. All I did is OC from 3.0 to 3.5.

Gskill guy, can you help me?

Comment

Oh, and I forgot to mention, the computer posts just fine, but a windows bluescreen flashes during loading and the computer reboots.

GL with the patriot ram.

Comment

Gskill Tech,

Is it possible to somehow retrieve the images from the following thread? The poster writes, "to run DDR3 1600 CL7 on DFI X48 T3RS, there are some settings needs to be set"--but then all the pictures are blank. Might that information be useful in addressing the current issue?

http://gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=104

Comment

The posted pictures were hosted by the user, so apparently he had them removed. If you post screen shots of your BIOS, I will be able to see if you guys have anything set incorrectly.

Thank you
                              GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
                              X