Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8GB ECO or RIPJAWS+NOCTUA+P55A-UD4

Hi,
    First I apologize for my English, I'm Italian, so I kindly ask you to answer as simply as possible. Thanks in advance!

(g.skill support) please could you tell me the exact measurements, height (especially this), width and length in mm, of a RAM module ?ripjaws? or even of a RAM module of the series "eco"? (it?s very important!)

I would be interested in:
    (8GB) 2x (2x2GB) F3-12800CL7D-4GBRH or F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM (Ripjaws)
    (8GB) 2x (2x2GB) F3-12800CL7D-4GBECO or F3-12800CL8D-4GBECO

My new PC should be composed of i7 860, heat sink Noctua NH-U12P SE2, gigabyte P55A UD4, one of those memories, ATI Radeon HD 5850 ... Win 7 Pro 64

I want to know the sizes of modules because with this heatsink there may be problems with the height of the module closest to the socket (even though I know that I can move the fan a little higher, but I would have available at most about 50 mm) and then there would be problematic to install ripjaws.
    Eco however, should definitely good.

I would like to overclock, but within a maximum of 3.6 Ghz, I would be fine to keep the ram at 1600.

I know that some users have had problems with 8GB of RAM ... you have any advice for me? (consider that I want to set the ram manually, not with XMP)
    I would need to 8gb, but I don?t want to risk spending that money and be with components not working properly.
    I would take the ECO?the gigabyte should recognize the voltage down (or not?), But I set them to 1.4 V (because there is the choice for v 1.35, only 1.3 V or 1.4 V, etc. .. .)
    but since starting at 1.35 V, may be as high as 1.65 V without problems?
    recommended not to exceed 1.5 V to avoid damage over time?

I apologize for all the questions, but I would not miss it.

Thanks for everything.

The ECO series is standard size so you will have no problem with that. The Ripjaws Series are slightly taller. The tallest point (corners) of a Ripjaw is 0.9-1cm taller than standard; the center Ripjaws (shorter) are 0.8-0.9cm taller than standard size.

For 8GB, just make sure basic memory settings are properly configured. Make sure you have enough IMC Voltage and everything should be fine.

That motherboard should be able to set it down to 1.30V or 1.40V. The memory will have no issues operating with that much voltage, but it is not recommended especially if no overclocking.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
    X