F3-12800CL9D - 4GBRL‏ and ASUS P7P55D EVO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9D - 4GBRL‏ and ASUS P7P55D EVO

Yeah... put 4 of these sticks in the new ASUS mobo. This one has the memory clips on just one side of the slot.

So even thou I added 4 sticks of 2 gigs, it was telling me I had only 4 gigs.

Reading around, other forums, etc... turned out that the fact that the mobo's memory slots are one side clips only, the other end would not sit properly if you don't apply extra pressure (on the no clip side) when inserting them.

So I did (carefully mind you).

Then rebooted and HELD DOWN the MEM RESET button in the mobo till the red light went from solid to blinking. Mobo rebooted itself again, everybody happy now!

8 kickass gigs of GSKILL goodness on a very nicely featured mobo, with an I7 860 (2.8 speed). Smoking baybay yeah!

So... EVO won't recognize your memory and the memory led is bright solid red? Try what I did above and maybe you'll be in heaven too!

Next project: Overclocking it....

Glad to hear you were able to get everything working properly. Did you purchase a CPU cooler yet? Once you get that, you should be able to overclock to impressive numbers with this particular setup without much tuning.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
    X