M4A78T-E and F3-10666CL8D-4GBRM Windows 7 x64 BSOD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M4A78T-E and F3-10666CL8D-4GBRM Windows 7 x64 BSOD

Hi, Im having a BSOD Everytime that memory unloads (closing a program etc.)
    These BSOD's only happens when the modules are placed in dual channel.
    I posted like a month ago the same problem, and i thought that my issue was the PSU. So i bought a 700w Thermaltake and im having the same BSOD's.

I have already tested EVERYTHING. Voltage, software compatibility, windows xp, windows vista, windows 7. etc.
    I Finally manage to discard These options.

1.Software problem.
    2.PSU problem
    3.HDD problems
    4.Voltage problems (tryied every posible combination)
    5.Place of the DDR SLOT.
    6.Temperature problem.
    6.etcetera.

This only leads to the next options.

(1.Memory problem (i doubt it because i ran memtest86 on each memory and toghether, and i even tested for 1 week each module separatedly on my board))
    1.Processor problems
    2.MotherBoard issues.

I found some info that it might be the processor that cant adress the right amount of memory (correct me if im wrong).

Can anyone give me some help? or at least an advice?

Sorry for my english, it is not my native lenguage.

Regards.

EDIT:
    Forgot to say...
    Processor: AMD Phenom ii 945 x4 @ 3.0 ghz
    video card: XFX ati raedon 4850
    soundcard: Sound blaster xfi xtreme music
    PSU : thermaltake 700W 80plus Power supply
    motherboard: Asus m4a78t-e
    ram: gskill F3-10666CL8D-4GBRM
    O.S: Windows 7 Enterprise x64
    Last edited by pmabres; 01-20-2010, 08:37 PM.

a week past and no answer. is that hard?

Comment

After installing the memory, did you configure the memory settings in BIOS? Try testing each module individually to see if one stick may be defective.

Thank you
      GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

"(i doubt it because i ran memtest86 on each memory and toghether, and i even tested for 1 week each module separatedly on my board))"

i already tried to configure mannually the settings of my memory and i have already tried separatedly and every possible combination... they work as long i don't put them toghether (in dual channel) separatedly they work just fine. EACH ONE.

Comment

tRFC should be 127.5, prob need to OC the system a fair amount to get the RAM at full speed, if you don't want to OC, drop the RAM speed and can problably lower the CL to increase the performance...AMDs have a weak MC

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

So you say i should overclock to 1600 mhz??. What are the settings to OC to that speed?.

Comment

Your at 3 GHz now with the CPU, may want to take it gradually up to about 3.2 GHz to run your DRAM at 1333.....if the CPU can handle it..some can others can't. Will also want to ensure you have the BIOS for your mobo and Command Rate/timing at 2N

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Sounds like the CPU may be defective if you can not get it to work with the proper memory settings.
                You can also try raising the HT voltage to 1.40V, but sounds like it will not work with two sticks at all.

Thank you
                GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

well i manage to rise the cpu frecuency to 3.15 and the system became more stable. But... just for a day. After that it went unstable again with BSODs. So i raised to 3.25 and it became lot more stable and again... for a day. but now at least i can navigate trough web browsers and do little more stuff but i cant play any games.

Note: My processor is a Ph2 945 X4 so it doesnt support multiplier rising. so i manage to raise the speed by rising the bus speed from 200 to 215 and the multiplier still in x15.
                  Is there any problem by doing that?.

Everything else is on AUTO.
                  Memory Latency is set MANUAL like this:
                  8-8-8-21 2T

Any suggestion?
                  Thanks.

Comment

well i find out that it does handle some games that are not memory dependant. But it cant handle newer games. So it Means it is more stable. Should i overclock a little bit more??. Im planning to buy better cooling system if i have to.

Comment

Make sure you have the latest BIOS. Sounds like the CPU is bad though, so you may want to see if you can get that replaced.

Thank you
                      GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

well, my bios is up to date. and i find out another problem now. some apps like firefox and iexplorer suddenly crashes, and also the windows aero theme. it changes for no reason to the default theme.

Comment

Very odd, if you'd like, send the memory in for new replacements so you can rule that out.

Thank you
                          GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
                          X