ddr3 eco or ripjaws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ddr3 eco or ripjaws

for a i5 750 based system, trying to choose between those two.
    http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=226
    http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=247
    the eco works with lower volt and the ripjaws have slightly better timings.
    some told me that working with lower voltage will give me more stability and re-ability (beside of course of less heat and power drowning, which i`ve been told are very marginal) others told me it`s rubbish.
    asking for advice.
    Last edited by clark; 01-11-2010, 03:57 PM.

not sure where you are located, but have you checked availability on the ripjaws? I'm having trouble finding the ripjaws here in the states (at a reasonable price)

i don't think you could go wrong with either kit as the ripjaws have been perfectly stable at rated timings on a asus p7p55d evo + i7 860

Comment

ripjaws are available here , but the price (of both of them) is quiet high.
      can you tell me the reason you are looking for the ripjaws and not for the eco?
      the reason that i am concidering also the eco is maybe if i`ll do some manuel timings improvment it wil give me more room for it, from the voltage aspect.
      or maybe i`m wrong?
      Last edited by clark; 01-13-2010, 02:05 AM.

Comment

somebody? please.

Comment

Both will work great. The ECO series has been the buzz though since they can operate at a very low voltage, or they can be increased in voltage to operate higher memory frequencies.

Thank you
          GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

what about timings ?
            which of the two have more flexibility and bigger range for timings changes into the safe work voltage range for the i5 750
            i mean, will the eco do tighter , stable timings , more then the ripjaws, due to it`s default low voltage ?

Comment

Yes, the ECO uses high performance chips. Many people have been able to overclock them to DDR3-2000 CL7/8. If you are looking for performance, the ECO would be the choice.

Thank you
              GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

one last question please.
                if i`m not planning oc ram over 1600 mhz, just working default in both of them , or just tighten timings (at 1600 mhz) do you think tha eco will still have an advantage for it?

Comment

Hi, i wanna know what is the maximus recommended voltage for this kit F3-12800CLD9-4GBNQ! Help!

Comment

clark,

Yes, it operates at a much lower voltage so CPU and memory will always be nice and cool.

Andre,

1.50V should be enough for DDR3-1600, but you can overclock and increase voltage to 1.60V if necessary.

Thank you
                    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

didn`t they say that the ram`s in the core i5 should be in the range between 1.5 v and 1.65 v?

Comment

Yes, till better DDR3 technology was released. G.Skill and Intel are front runners for energy efficient computer hardware. Since more and more computers exist, and as power consumption increases due to high performance parts, we must work to save energy rather than waste it. Now-a-days there are power supplies over 1000W and if more and more people have that it is simply not efficient.

AMD systems default to 1.60V, but Intel systems are able to run memory voltages below 1V which is what these were created for.

Thank you
                        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

just to be sure .
                          when you say intel systems, doe`s it include the core i5 750?
                          and doe`s those low volts are in the optimum performance work range ?
                          Last edited by clark; 01-15-2010, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Yes.

Thank you
                            GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

sorry to bother you again.
                              i`m planning to buy this board:
                              http://www.giga-byte.co.il/Products/...me=GA-P55A-UD3
                              it says, between other things, in it`s spec: "4 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets supporting up to 16 GB of system memory".
                              can you please clarify what do they mean with 1.5 v , concerning to our issue here?
                              does it mean that the eco ram will work anyway on 1.5 v?
                              thank you.
                              Last edited by clark; 01-17-2010, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X