Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory Recommendation Please

Hello all,

I'm upgrading to an ASUS P7P55D-E Pro motherboard with an i7-860 processor. I will be running 8Gb of RAM (4 x 2Gb).

I'm not much of an overclocker, but I will likely play around with it for gaming. My primary need is stability for video/photo editing.

I've found the following that seem appropriate based on my research so far (I'll buy 2 kits of whichever):

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1600 - F3-12800CL7D-4GBRH ($126)

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1600 - F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM ($105)

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 2000 - F3-16000CL9D-4GBRH ($120)

I have no idea what is different between the first two other than price; the RM model is about $20/kit cheaper than the RH model. Is one better than the other?

The third choice I put up is obviously faster at DDR3 2000, but would it be worth it to spend $15 more than the RM model based on my setup above?

My last build was over 4 years ago and I'm not as current on the new products and compatibility as I wish I was. Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

I'd go with the faster sticks, if for what ever reason you decide to run them at slower speeds, you can do so at a faster CL, i.e. running at 1600 prob would be at a tight CL7 or better.....plus you have the 2000 speed there, in hand, for now or the future.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
    X