Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL8T-6GBPI-B w/MSI X58 Platinum

Hey, first time poster, long time user.

I need some help trouble shooting this set of RAM.

I recently got back a video card that I loaned to a friend(EVGA 8800GTX) because he said it wasn't working anything.

Well, I restarted my PC and unOC'd it, powered down and proceeded to install the video card. After installing the video card and powering on the PC, it restarted itself a few times.

I then turned off the power from the PSU and removed the 8800 and installed my 4870 X2. When trying to boot with my 4870 X2 it would not go to the BIOS screen.

I then took my video card and installed it in another i7 rig that I have with a set of Patriot DDR3-1333 3x1GB RAM and it booted fine to Windows. Replacing the Patriot set of RAM with the PI Black set produced the same results as my main PC, couldn't boot to BIOS.

Proceeding along with troubleshooting, I tried booting with one stick and it worked. Tried two and it didn't work. Tried a different pair and worked. Tried it with a different stick from the working pair and one from the not working and it worked.

I am very confused at whats going on AND I have no freaking clue in the world what would've caused the RAM to mess up.

System Specs

Rig 1 - i7 920, MSI X58 Platinum, VisionTek HD 4870 X2, Corsair 1000HX, WD Black 500GBx3 RAID-0

Rig 2 - i7 920, MSI X58 Platinum SLI, Antec TruePower Quattro 850w, WD Blue 320GB

Might try and run memtest on each PI individually to ensure sticks are good, if both show good reassemble the box and boot, if problems, put original GPU in and boot it a couple of times to see if you get a good boot. If no joy, may want to set BIOS to defaults and see what happens. Another option would be to pull the PSU from system 2 and try it in system 1. Could be PSU, possibly BIOS had trouble with seeing/configuring the different GPU, could be a few different things....

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Well I got 2 of the PI Black sticks running in rig 1 with my 3x1gb patriot set.

This RAM is confusing me so much... So I thought I had the bad stick eliminated, but it just booted up in the BIOS on Rig 2 which it wouldn't do yesterday when I had another stick in there.

Comment

Working...
      X