F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ and GA-P55-UD4P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ and GA-P55-UD4P

I am hoping someone can help me. I put together a new build just after Windows 7 launched and everything worked great until the end of November when I started getting random BSODs occasionally. I thought it might be driver related so I updated everything I could and things went away for a week or so. Now I get them whenever I turn the computer on and start to boot into Windows. I tried restoring off my WHS but the BSODs still remain even though I used an old restore prior to the BSODs. I ran Memtest86+ 2.11 and 4.00 and with single sticks in both successfully make a couple passes, but fail with errors around test 5 and 6 either on the first or second pass with both sticks in. The computer also fails IntelBurnTest on Maximum but passes with Normal or High so it definitely seems to be an issue with anything higher than 2gbs.

My build is
    Win 7 64 Bit Ultimate Retail
    Ga-P55-UD4P with F5 bios
    G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ
    EVGA 8800GT OC

The memory on G.Skill's site shows supported on theproduct link but doesn't come up with the ram configuration tool. It is also on the QVL list for Gigabyte.

Also the MB detected the timings and voltage correctly and I didn't do any overclocking. Anyone have any suggestions? do I need to RMA my memory or is it something else that might be causing this?
Working...
X