X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM with i5 in GA-P55-UD4P

Hi all,

I plan to set up next week a system with the following components:

F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM (1600MHz, 7-8-7-24, 1.6-1.65V)
    Intel i5 750
    Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4

My question was this, I know at stock the max memory speed is 1333MHz (10 x 133 BCLK) so I was wondering what settings I could try for the Ram while leaving the processor completely stock (I don't have a need to OC yet, not until my new GPU at least).

So, basically my goal is:

1333MHz
    7-7-7-21 (or thereabouts)
    and as low of voltage as possible

I know every memory set varies and I will test my settings with memtest86+ 4 and prime95, but I was wondering if anyone had any pointers or knew of any good starting points that work for most. Also, beyond the four main latencies I don't know much about the others, so any other feedback/tips/tricks would be much appreciated.

Thanks again, and this is a really nice forum you all have.

At DDR3-1333, you should have no issues with 7-7-7-21. Voltage should be fine at default 1.50V. All other settings will be fine on AUTO since the motherboard maximum standard is DDR3-1333.

You don't technically have to overclock the processor to operate DDR3-1600. You can simply lower the CPU Ratio to compensate for the increase in BCLK.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Thanks!

Thank you very much for the reply. That is what I was hoping to hear.

Yes, I had seen the recommendations on how to get 1600 with an i5. However, I had planned all along to go 1333MHz regardless just because for what I plan to do, 1600 doesn't add much. I was originally going to get the GSkill ram that was 1333MHz, 7-7-7-21, 1.5V; but I got this instead because I could get it significantly cheaper than the 1333MHz ram and I was hoping it would work at about the same settings.

Thanks again and I'll post back with the results once I get everying up and running.

Comment

Works Perfectly

It has been working perfectly at 1333MHz and 7-7-7-21-2T timings at 1.5V for a few weeks now. Just added a 5850 to the system as well and now the system is extremely fast. Thanks again.

Comment

Sounds great. We'll be here for you if you need us in the future. =)

Thank you
          GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
          X