F3-17066cl9t-6gbps + msi 790fx-gd70

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-17066cl9t-6gbps + msi 790fx-gd70

I just picked up both these off of newegg, and im looking to get maximum performance. What settings, if any should i change?
    I have the latest bio's updates. AMI BIOS 1.7
    I have an AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz processor
    Mother board is MSI's 790FX-GD70
    Ram is F3-17066CL9T-6gbps
    Also im a bit of a newbie when it comes to these things (ive had a laptop for the last 4 years) so im not sure what to change in the bios.

we don't think you got a good choice, since your memory is for Intel X58 platform only, not AMD
    on AMD platform, generally you could only run at DDR3 1600 with CL9
    thanks

G.S

Comment

Hmm.. well the newegg description said ddr3 2133 OC on it so i figured it would work with this.. guess i was wrong, oh well seems to run without any problems, just didnt know if there was anything to make it work even better

Comment

by the way, F3-17066CL9T-6GBPS is triple channel, but the AMD platform is dual channel
        and we haven't seen someone could reach DDR3 2133 on AMD platform in normal condition
        thanks

G.S

Comment

hmm well thats fine i guess.. does anything i want it to do, guess i should pay more attention next time oooopsy

it isnt gonna like self destruct in a week or anything? or is it just gonna run slower than what its supposed to?

Comment

since it is only tested on X58 chipset, we do not guarantee it could run at our rated spec on other platform
            thanks

G.S

Comment

You simply purchased a memory package that can not be used to its full potential, but you can overclock your processor as necessary to get the memory to operate at the highest/best speed and timings you can achieve.

Thank you
              GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
              X