F3-16000CL9T-6GBRH w/gene II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-16000CL9T-6GBRH w/gene II

This 6gb kit says my Rampage II Gene should work with this ram.

IM ON WIN7 64bit PRO.

I can only get 4 out of 6gb to show in windows and bios. I know its not a bad dimm, or stick of ram.

I wish that I could have the bios settings that made this full 6gb work. I have gone through 2 mobo, and 2 sets of ram thinking something was wrong with the hardware. It has got to be a setting somewhere....or the two just aren't compatible.

I can see in CPU-Z that there is 6gb of memory in my motherboard.

Couple screens of what im looking at....

I was told by asus that this was not on this boards QVL. He said to ask gskill if this ram had been tested and worked in the socket A. The ram all works in sockets b and c, but it wont boot with just a stick in the socket a. Since CPU-Z shows there is 6gb, I know its not a bad dimm. This is my 2nd mobo, and set of ram.

Maybe they just wont ever talk to eachother? I have the latest bios update. Is there some voltage settings I need to try to get this thing kicked on?

Whats up with the shared system memory??????

Also, when in my bios gskill tech told me to mess with a few settings, that I couldnt find and that were different for me than described....

Here is what is different.......

1) Under the CPU Configuration, I have "Intel (R) Speed Step (TM) Tech" The email of bios settings does't have that listed.

2) DRAM Freq says for me to make it 2002mhz, the closest I have is 2006mhz.

3) UCLK freq says for me to use 4004mhz, the closest I have is 4014mhz.

4) DRAM Ref Cycle Time - 74, I only have the option for 72..........so mine is at 72.

5) EPU II Phase Control - WTF IS THIS? I dont seem to have it in my bios when I adjust things.

6) NB and DRAM OCP?? Mine are enabled, it doesnt say if I should have them disabled or enabled.

Sorry for all the info, but I have lots of questions. I'm about to give up on this ram and order pc1600. I have the ripjaws pc2000.

Here is my bios settings as well...

AI overclock - manual
    OC from CPU level up - auto
    OC from Memory level up - DDR3-2000
    CPU Ratio setting - 20 for 4.0GHz
    CPU Turbo Power Limit - disable

CPU configuration
    CPU Ratio Setting - whichever you chose above
    C1E Support - disable
    Hardware prefetcher - enable
    Adjacent Cache line prefetcher - enable
    Intel Virtualization tech - disabled
    CPU TM Function - disable
    Execute Disabled bit - disabled
    Intel HT Technology - disable
    Active Processor Cores - all
    A20M - disabled
    Intel C-STATE tech - disabled

BCLK frequency - 143
    PCIE frequency - 100
    DRAM frequency - 2006 MHz
    UCLK frequency - 4014 MHz
    QPI frequency - auto

Dram Timing Control
    DRAM CAS# Latency - 9
    DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay - 9
    DRAM RAS# PRE Time - 9
    DRAM RAS# ACT Time - 27
    DRAM REF Cycle Time - 72
    DRAM Timing Mode - 2N
    All others can be on AUTO

Load-line calibration - disable
    CPU differential amplitude - auto
    Extreme OV - disabled

CPU voltage - 1.32V
    CPU PLL voltage - 1.85V
    QPI-DRAM voltage - 1.55V

IOH voltage - 1.35V
    IOH PCIE voltage - 1.60V
    ICH voltage- 1.20V
    ICH PCIE voltage - 1.60V

DRAM Bus voltage 1.60V (i've tried 1.6 and 1.65)

CPU spread spectrum - disabled
    PCIE spectrum - disabled
    CPU clock skew - auto
    IOH clock skew - auto
    Last edited by rprevost03; 11-24-2009, 12:54 PM.

Seems like the extra memory is being shared with the graphics card. Simply disable that and you should realize all 6GB for useable physical memory.

Check Integrated Peripherals/Video Card menu in BIOS, then see what the video card size is set to.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT
    Last edited by GSKILL TECH; 11-24-2009, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
      Seems like the extra memory is being shared with the graphics card. Simply disable that and you should realize all 6GB for useable physical memory.

Check Integrated Peripherals/Video Card menu in BIOS, then see what the video card size is set to.

Thank you
      GSKILL SUPPORT

I've been into bios like 3 times looking for the Integrated Periphs/Video card menu and can't find it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't think its an option in my bios. FML.

Comment

Check the PCIPnP page to see if it's in there. I don't remember this BIOS exactly. It may be a setting within Win 7, I am not familiar with it so I'm not sure exactly where.

Thank you
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

I've decided to scrap this motherboard. I went and bought a set of ocz ddr3 1600 and put 6gb of it in, SAME PROBLEM. Seems others with asus motherboards are having the same issues without a fix to the problem. Asus has TERRIBLE customer service and I will never do business with them again. Switching to an evga board I think. Any suggestion for a board that works well with this kit????

Comment

would you like to check with your task manager to see if you get total 6GB in system?
            for the sharing memory part, we're not sure the reason, but it seems other motherboards would also do it
            thanks

G.S

Comment

Hello !!!
              I have a RAMPAGE II GENE I920 D0 12GB TRIDENT F3-16000CL9T-6GBTD and for detect all 12gb i put 1.86v DRAM because less voltage (1.75v) detect 8gb or 10gb, 12gb but whith bad stability !!! (ASUS RAMPAGE II GENE HAVE A PROBLEM PHASE DRAM VOLTAGE)
              For detect all memory try high voltage DRAM at 1.7v or 1.75v , 1.80v , 1.85v .....

Comment

to salocinad:
                we only guarantee for 3 dimms in triple channel would reach our rated spec, not 6 dimms
                and since the memory controller in integrated in Intel CPU, memory voltage over 1.65v may harm to the CPU
                thanks

G.S

Comment

with 3 dimms (3x2gb), the motherboard detect 4gb. The voltage default is 2.0v DRAM (DRAM VOLTAGE AUTO MODE) by DEFAULT AT FIRST START.
                  And after the first start, i changed the value by 1.65v, the motherboard detect 4gb. If i change voltage by 1.75v, she detect 6gb with BOSD in windows. For stability i'm obligate to change 1.85v !!! (with 3x2gb or 6x2gb)

Comment

the voltage you need to increase is not only memory but QPI voltage
                    you could try to increase QPI voltage to 1.6v
                    memory voltage over 1.65v may damage your CPU and memory, please be cautious to this
                    thanks

G.S

Comment

Man this thread is all kinds of messed up. First of all, there seems to be some confusion about uncore voltage. Uncore is the same thing as qpi/dram voltage, and is the same thing as "vtt." Some companies use different names but those 3 all mean the same voltage. Intel spec says this voltage should not be higher than 1.35v and it should be within .5v of your dram voltage to be safe.

OP, your bclock settings in your bios are wrong if you think you are running at 4GHz. Not sure what you are up too, but if you want to run 4GHz, that bclock needs to go to 200, and your cpu multi can stay at 20x. The Ram would be set at 10x to give you a 2000mhz rated speed. Uncore frequency needs to be at least 20x but you can also use 20x+1 or 4200(varies by a few mhz due to rounding and such)

If your motherboard isn't seeing some of the ram, and it does under default settings, then it is due to a lack of sufficient voltage. Increase either the uncore(yours are already pretty high) volts or the dram volts until you see it post. Then check for stability to make sure you don't go overboard with the volts on anything. The goal is to reduce these to as low as they can get while still remaining stable.

Hopefully this will help you figure out the problem.

Comment

Working...
                      X