seeking bios setting for M4A78T-E....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seeking bios setting for M4A78T-E....

seeking bios setting for ASUS M4A78T-E with 12800CL9D-4GBNQ..

I purchased 2 dual sets totalling 8GB of RAM...I wish to do some overclocking in the near future...would anyone or GSKILL Admin know some appropiate settings and timings to run at standard and OC setting?...it would be greatly appreciated considering i am a new GSKILL userL...Currently the the ram is at 1600MHZ I just need the bios timing settings..i have no issues of over heating what so ever as i've managed to overclock CPU to 4.2 GHZ with temperature at 34 degrees celcius..

my system consists of
    600w power supply
    ANTEC 300 series MIDTOWER ATX (excellent cooling)
    amd phenom x4 955 3.2GHZ quadcore with COOLMASTER HYPER 212 Plus CPU cooler
    ASUS M4A78T-E motherboard
    8GB GSKILL RAM 12800CL9D-4GBNQ
    EVGA nvidia GTX 260 video card

thank you.

Rob
    Last edited by whymyohmy; 11-23-2009, 08:11 PM. Reason: being more specific

Set memory timings to tCL 9 - tRCD 9 - tRP 9 - tRAS 24 - Command Rate 2

You may need to increase NB Voltage and HT Voltage slightly to operate all 8GB at DDR3-1600.

Simply increase the CPU Host Frequency and you will be able to overclock the memory and processor simultaneously. I would suggest setting all the rated timings, then simply find the speed in which the memory will be stable, then adjust multipliers accordingly.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Thank you so much GSKILL....i'm really enjoying this speed from this awsome ram...most likely in the near future i will build another mobo with GSKILL with higher speeds...

thanks again

Comment

Thank you GSKILL for your support..as of now i'm running and overclock on my ram at 1820MHZ with CPU at 3.65GHZ and everything is perfectly stable...temperatures are
        CPU - 33 degrees celcius no higher
        MB - 32-35 degress celcius

awsome speed for gameplay and applications as wel as performance

WOOHOO!!!

Comment

Sounds good, you are very welcome, glad to hear you were able to overclock your system succesfully. If you have any future questions or issues, please feel free to let us know.

Thank you
          GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
          X