F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH AND MSI P55-GD65 Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH AND MSI P55-GD65 Board

Does anybody have the bios settings for this combination? The automatic settings come up as 9-9-9-24 instead of 7-7-7-21, and even though both modules show up in the bios installed in positions 1 and 3 as recommended, I still only get a count of 2048MB in post, and in Windows 7 it shows 4gb Ram installed, but only 1.99 useable.
    Here are my CPU-Z shots.

Everything is CPU-z looks good. Showing 4GBs, DDR3-1333+, timings are correct.

Try them in the other slots to see if post will show 4GB. Make sure memory hole remapping in BIOS is enabled.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Where do I find Memory Hole remapping in the Bios? There are alot more things that can be set in the bios for the memory. I don't know what they all mean, but I wrote all the numbers down to compare them. Do you have a list of all the numbers for this memory? A sample would be:TRFC 74, TWR 10, TWTR 5, TRRD 4, TRTP 5, TFAW 20. then there's the ADVANCED TIMING: TDRRDTRD 6, TDDRDTRD 7, TSRRDTRD 8 etc., etc. If you have all these specs, I'd like to change them to what's correct.

Thanx!

Comment

I found out that the bios of the MSI P55-GD65 motherboard already enables Memory Hole remapping and it's not changable. If I try moving the ram to any other slots besides 1 and 3, the computer won't boot at all.

Comment

Also the timings are correct only after I changed them in the bios. If you just load safe defaults, the memory comes up at: 1- 9-9-9-24 not 2-7-7-7-21. Even with the timing corrected I get the same results. I upgraded the bios from 1.2 to 1.4 today and I still get the same results. I'm getting frustrated!

Comment

Try dropping the tRFC to about 68

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Tried it, same thing 2048MB at post and 4GB with 1.99 useable in Windows 7

Comment

Working...
              X