Problem with trident ddr3-2000 ram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with trident ddr3-2000 ram

I have replaced my ocz reaper x ddr3-1333 2x2 gig ram with the trident ddr3-2000 2x2 gig kit. My ocz ram ran fine at the 1333 speed with my e8600 overclocked to 4.2 ghz. After installing the trident ram the highest speed i can reach with it was 1560 mhz and 3.9 ghz processor speed. If i try to go any higher than 1560 the computer will post and then shut off or sometimes get halfway through the windows loading screen then shut off and reboot back the to the stock clock speed of the processor which is 3.33ghz and the ram running at 1333. I have the ram voltage at 1.6v with the stock timings 9-9-9-24. My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-EP45C-UD3r and the manual says it supports ddr3-2000 ram. I think i just may need to change some settings in the bios, i already have the latest bios installed (version F5d). Theres alot of settings for the ram in the bios but im not sure what most of them do. Can someone help me out with figuring out what the proper settings in the bios should be?

Well i found out something that made the situation a little better i noticed that when i installed the trident ram an extra setting comes up in the bios that says extreme memory profile, i set it to profile 1 and i noticed alot of settings got changed around and the ddr speed was now at 2000 and my cpu multipliers was now at 8.5 and the fsb speed was at 500 cpu was at running at 3.3 ghz i believe it booted into windows but after that the computer froze so i lowered the fsb speed enough so the ddr speed is now 1600 and changed the cpu multiplier so it runs at 4 ghz and it seems to be running stable now, but i was hoping for 2000 memory speeds and maybe like a 4.5 ghz overclock. can anyone recommend the highest performance/most stable settings in the bios? that would be greatly appreciated

Comment

Could you post your current BIOS settings (including the advanced timings)

Comment

Starting with pic RAM7 change Speed to 2000, tRAS to 27 - pic RAM6 CPU Vcore to 1.3000, MCH core to 1.200 - pic RAM4 tRFC to 68 - pic RAM 1 turn XMP to disabled, MCH frequency Latch to 400 pic of chair - turn left 42 degrees

Think that might get you going

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

No good, tried that and still will only post at 1333 and 4.0ghz 400fsb anything higher and i get 17 short beeps then 23 short beeps and then im back in bios with default settings maybe you can figure out what those beeps mean my bios is an award V6.00PG. I dont think my motherboard likes this ram. Looks like its back to my OCZ reaper X ram at least with that i have awsome 6-5-5-18 timings at 1333 and 4.2 ghz processor speed and be stable as a rock.

Comment

Did you try each stick individually, and run memtest on them?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Post up some BIOS screen shots or list the settings you have available. Sounds like you need to tune some voltages and a couple settings.

Thank you
              GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
              X