Using F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM With the GA-MA790XT-UD4P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM With the GA-MA790XT-UD4P

I've recently bought F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM and wanted to know if it'll run fine on the GA-MA790XT-UD4P mobo.

And if yes, any setting recommendations to get it running optimally?

Thanks

i hav those sticks in my gama770 t ud3,and work fine at 1600 although i hav nt tested for longer than about 30mins with mem test.to get cl7 i usually run at 1333 or lower than 1600 at least. but they will work in your mobo despite the package saying for core i5 , i7 c pu s.

Comment

Thanks for the reply kev

just one more question
      can you get CL7 working @ 1600?

Comment

as we tested, this item is not guaranteed on AM3 platform
        if you would like to install it on AM3 platform, we'd recommend you to run DDR3 1600 with CL9
        thanks

G.S

Comment

Would it not run faster with CL7 @ 1333?

Comment

it should run fine with DDR3 1333 CL7 on AM3 platform
            but if you would like to overclock to over DDR3 1600, it would be very hard to reach

G.S

Comment

i hav ran at 1600 cl7., but only did a mem test for about 20 mins,(which showed up no faults)i usually just stick to cl7 on 1333 as i hav had no problems with these settings,played crysis as a bench mark for about an hour with no problems,anyway its good to hav the overclocking ability of this ram !

Comment

ps; i underclocked the ram down to 1305 and am running at cl6 at the moment with no problems!!

Comment

Working...
                X